Tablo 4th Gen Wishlist

Tablo 4th Gen

1. Recording Options.
    I wish I could have static recording options so that I wouldn’t need to manually set them.
    IE: All recordings, Keep the last X recordings

2. A Clock on the Main screen

3. Being able to access the HOT Channel bar without opening a channel first.

4. Enhanced video and channel information. Showing channel information such as HD/SD.

2 Likes

When a recording playback stops due to a momentary signal drop, give an option to skip ahead to the next good signal instead of aborting the playback.

3 Likes

Please do not do this. It makes way more sense to keep the current method of “keep all” and then modify shows individually (which takes very little time to set up). The danger is that one person in the family changes a global setting, and then someone else in the family (or even the original member if he/she forgets) gets frustrated when their older episodes of recorded shows suddenly disappear, and they can’t watch the whole season.

Auto-delete also helps out with this issue if you are concerned about space. I would imagine that the vast majority of Tablo users want to keep whole seasons of shows, while there would be only a few shows that need limits (like news or game shows).

4 Likes

I mainly wished it would remember my settings.

2 Likes

To improve legibility of the gen 4 Guide in the Roku and IOS apps, enlarge the font or boldface the time labels at the top of the columns, as well as the channel numbers.
Use same font as the program names, much easier to read than the current font for time and channels.

3 Likes

While watching a live program be able to swipe down and have a record button. That way you don’t have to exit out of the channel, select the program in the guide and then select record.

1 Like

I find many of these suggestions confusing.

The TabloTV app is very different depending on what system you’re using to watch your recordings. Some of these features already exist depending on which app you’re using…

3 Likes

Or just do this without giving an option. Every other video streaming application just fast-forwards, perhaps with an on-screen banner saying so (like Zoom VC calls do). I don’t understand why Tablo insists on user input for this issue.

1. Turn off the noise on the splash screen. Since Tablo crashes a lot, I hear this way too frequently.
  2. Option to start choose which tab to start in. I’d rather the app open to the Live guide or Library tab. The Home tab is useless. Particularly on CCGTV devices, there’s already a home screen provided by Google TV where Tablo can display upcoming programming.
  3. Ability to view the guide while still watching programming. (Either picture-in-picture or a navigation bar, similar to cable set-top boxes.)
1 Like

I think Tablo wants the app to open on the home screen to advertise the Ion channels.

Of course, but Tablo now promotes Ion and other FAST channels in the live guide.

1. Ability to turn on the built-in amplifier oer-channel instead of globally for all channels.

I assume there is only one global amp, probably before any internal splitter. There would be no way to turn it on or off per individually tuned channel.

1 Like

Actually, the concept is possible, but you’d never be able to afford the device.

Bring the API back so people can write code that will work with the Tablo like the previous product did.

During initial setup the Tablo scanned for local broadcast channels and found 134. I only care about 10 of them. Unchecking 124 of them was a bit tedious. Please add a clear all button so I can then select just the channels I want. Thanks.

P.S. Overall I’m impressed by your user interface. I like how you make previous choices sticky when I go to a different item. Cursor movements are quick.

P.P.S. Please work on consistency across platforms. For example your app on Roku is different in many details from your iOS app.

Please add the day of the week next to the date in your scrolling channel guide. Thanks.

Under Record Options > Channel please add the channel number next to the channel name. For example in my neighborhood there are a couple of dozen channels for PBS. Adding the channel number is essential for knowing what is what. Thanks!

I like to binge watch some shows. I would like a ‘binge’ mode where when one recorded episode ends it rolls right into the next episode. Right now, when I select a recorded show to watch on my Roku a menu pops up to the right that offers you options of Watch Episode, Mark Episode Watched, Protect Episode, and Delete Episode. I am suggesting that Tablo adds an option to this menu labeled “Binge” or “Watch All”. Selecting this option will start playing the currently selected episode, and at the end of the episode automatically play the next available episode and so on. It would need to be aware of the Season/Episode number to ensure playing them in the correct order. I think this would be a very popular feature.

1 Like

How would you like it to handle incomplete series or shows missing episodes?