Tablo (4th Gen Only) Firmware Release 2.2.47

Hey Tablo Family!

A new Tablo firmware update is on the way for 4th generation Tablo devices.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Firmware 2.2.47

• Hotfix to correct potential initial Wi-Fi setup issues

NOTE: The white LED will blink until the Tablo has checked in to our servers.

If you have trouble connecting to your Tablo after the update, wait 10 minutes, then reboot the Tablo and try again.

For other tips and tricks on successful firmware updates, head over to the Support Portal.

If you have any feedback or questions about this release, please post them below.

If you need support assistance, place a ticket and we’ll be in touch soon.

Update went through, but nothing changed with my Roku app. Picture is still squashed into the upper left quadrant. If I restart the Roku and immediately go to the Tablo app, the picture is normal, but the minute I get off it, it’s back to the picture squash. So anytime I want to watch something on Tablo, I have to restart the Roku and go right to it. What a nuisance.,

My Roku Ultra 4670 on firmware 12.5.0 build 4175-46 would kick me out of Tablo to the main Roku menu after about 3 min of live TV viewing. The Tablo app received this latest update (2.2.47) and it appears to have solved the issue. I watched live TV for over 30min without being kicked out to the Roku homescreen. Thank you for fixing the live TV viewing!

No, it still goes back to Roku Ultra. The Roku Tablo app is messed up.

Well what was fixed 27 days ago is now broken again. My two Roku Ultra 4670RW on firmware 12.5.0 build 4175-46 updated to build 4178-46 and now I’m back to having the Tablo app kick out after 8 to 9 minutes of Live TV viewing. The Tablo firmware remains the same at 2.2.47. So I got about a month worth of Live TV viewing when I first purchased the Tablo and then was down for about a month, then it was fixed a little less than a month ago and now it’s back down again. I don’t know if I should be mad with Roku or Tablo. I just want it fixed permanently.

I just spoke to support! Our tablo was a holiday gift and we literally haven’t been able to watch a complete live show since the end of December! Not one complete live show! We were advised to contact tablo support directly and did but here we are trying to watch the news because of the approaching severe strorm and got about 2mins in before it went back to the homescreen! We have 1Gig and only a laptop and still nothing from this tablo 4th generation on either of our Roku’s! Help please; we need the local and national news! Any suggestions on another OTA option?

A bit confused, got an email about an update on my Gen4 (have had it a month, it has issues) and checked for an update, it said “you’re up to date” but it is on version 2.2.48 So this device is updated to 2.2.48 - am I totally up-to-date or is there a new version? Yes, I have a Roku.

The update was for the Tablo app on Roku, not the firmware.

Details here:

thanks…so the update on Roku now says version 12.5.5 - is this correct?

That is the Roku firmware version. Unless you’ve turned off automatic updates on your Roku, it should be running version 0.8.500 of the Tablo app.

this is where you lose me because both my Tablo and my Roku appear to have the most current updates (Tablo says it’s 2.2.48 and current). Roku says current with 12.5.5…so what is 0.8.500?

and yes all my devices are set to auto update

0.8.500 is the version of your Tablo app on your Roku.

If you press * while highlighting the Tablo app, it will show you the current version. I believe it’s listed as 0.8 (500) … if it’s lower than that, arrow down to check for updates. Reboot.