Roku rebooting

@theuser86, I had not, but I just did.  I will see how it goes today and report back.  Hopefully that is all it takes.

@TabloSupport I’ve been having trouble with this (roku crashing) all night on both the preview app and the normal app. Can also confirm it didn’t happen before the tablo firmware update. Only seems to happen when I’m fast forwarding (using fast forward button). Roku 3 4200x version 6.2 build 3332

I can also add that it has been doing it today on a live show (versus a recording when it was happening before) and today I’ve been using the arrow buttons and it has done it (versus ff button before). I’ll try the roku factory reset too to see if that helps

@TabloSupport I've been having trouble with this (roku crashing) all night on both the preview app and the normal app. Can also confirm it didn't happen before the tablo firmware update. Only seems to happen when I'm fast forwarding (using fast forward button). Roku 3 4200x version 6.2 build 3332

I can also add that it has been doing it today on a live show (versus a recording when it was happening before) and today I’ve been using the arrow buttons and it has done it (versus ff button before). I’ll try the roku factory reset too to see if that helps

Still does it after factory reset of roku. Sorry for multiple updates.

Sounds like a common problem - Tablo Support will try to reproduce the behaviour in effort to fix it.

The Preview channel was tested on the 6.1 firmware. I have a feeling 6.2 broke something.

The new app is great, but…

I’m having Roku reboots 3-4 times an hour.  I’ve got an ethernet connected Roku 3 4200X with version 6.2 build 3332 software. There  are no issues with the 100MBS Lan speed and WAN tests at 38.5 up and 6.7MB down. I also have a wife with diminishing patience. if there is something i need to try on the Roku/Tablo let me know.

Hi TabloTV,

I also have the same issue. 

FYI - But I also started getting netflix errors. sometimes it refuses to connect to the netflix server and when I contacted them they said that some latest update from roku is crashing netflix too. They told me that they are working on the fix and will update it soon.

Been away for a few days and am glad to see I’m not alone.  Loaded the preview app and had a couple of Roku reboots.  Each time I was using the directional keypad to skip through commercials via thumbnails versus using the FF button.  As soon as I hit Play to resume the show the screen went black and then the Roku rebooted shortly thereafter…

BUT…  I also had the exact same thing happen to me while watching a show using Hulu Plus on the Roku.  My money is on the Roku update and NOT the Tablo app.  I think it’s just more frequent on Tablo since we FF through commercials since it’s a DVR device.

Happened while FF’ing tonight with the old Tablo app. Haven’t seen this with other apps, but Tablo is the only one with which I use a lot of navigation. It’s the old story. Don’t change too many things at the same time because it makes troubleshooting so much harder. How dare Roku release a new version at the same time as Tablo.:slight_smile:

Is still happening to me. Very frustrating. Makes fast forwarding like a game of Russian roulette. Tablo is this really not happening to you? It appears the roku update has absolutely ruined the functionality of the Tablo.

Same rebooting issue here since the firmware update. Fast forward is now extremely flakey.

Tablo 4 tuner with 6 Roku 3 boxes -,previously great but now very very aggrevating.

IS ANYBODY REPAIRING THIS VERY OBVIOUS BUG?

1 Like

@RetiredEngineer

They said yes they are.

Are you getting the rebooting with only the new Tablo Preview channel? Or with the old Tablo channel?

The old Tablo channel worked great until the release a few weeks ago of the new firmware. Now it (my Rokus) reboots very often when fast forwarding. Really need a fix here ASAP.

Can someone with the reboot issue try doing a factory reset on thier Roku? As I have said multiple times I do a factory reset after every Roku firmware update and I have ZERO reboots on both Tablo Roku channels.

I have not gotten the reboot issue.  Tablo 4 tuner, connected WiFi to both Tablo and Roku.  Granted that I don’t use the FF.  So the FF might be what is causing the reboot issue.

I do FF on my Roku 3 and no reboot issues with the 6.2 firmware on the Roku. However as I’ve said previously others have had reboot issues on channels that are not Tablo when FF’ing so it seems to be an issue with the 6.2 firmware not the Tablo channel alone.

I’m just curious to see if a factory reset would solve the problem for someone with the reboot issue. 

I did a factory reset on both of my Roku 3s and the reboot issue is still present

Where did tablo acknowledge that they re-created this problem and are working on it? I check it every few days and I never saw it.

I'm just curious to see if a factory reset would solve the problem for someone with the reboot issue. 

I did the Factory reset and still get the Roku resetting. I also had it reset on me using Hulu plus as well so I’m not totally convinced it is a Tablo issue.  I have .28 and the new Roku 6.2 software.  I was actually watching 2 Broke Girls a few nights ago and it happened 3 times back to back.  I overshot my mark and wanted to rewind, so I hit RW once and it froze.  On the reboot did the same RW and froze again.  It did it a 3rd time so I thought I may be on to something but then it worked after that.

What is everyone's recording setting set at for the Tablo and the playback for Roku3.  My Tablo is set to record at 1080P and my Roku3 is set to playback at 1080P as well.  @Roraniel, since you are not having the issues, what are your settings.

Also, I notice the stations I have the most trouble with say they are 1080i when I look at the channels in Tablo