Resume play jumps back to beginning

I’ll be watching a program that I have Tablo recording. When I hit play again to resume watching it will jump back to the beginning.
I’ll try to scroll back to where I was but it will, again, jump to beginning.
Any idea what’s causing this frustrating problem?
It only does this in this very specific scenario.
Thanks

1 Like

Does it only go back to the beginning if you paused the then in progress recording but when you hit play the recording has now completed?

Mine has been doing the same thing. If I stop watching on my Apple TV in the den and go to my bedroom Apple TV it will start playing where I left off but about 3 minutes into the program it will jump back to where I left off again but after it does it one time it plays the way it should. It just started doing that in the last week.

I’m confused by the question. Sorry.
While watching (recording in progress or not) I’ll pause for a bit (30 seconds? 1 minute?) and then when I hit the play button again it jumps to the beginning of the program I’m watching or the tail end of the PREVIOUS recording.

Which app are you seeing this behaviour on? And are you accessing your Tablo at home, or while you’re away from home?

Mine is the Apple TV. I have 3 but manly use the the one in the den and bedroom. It just started and it’s not that big of a deal but it would be nice if it didn’t do that.

The Apple TV app (3rd gen). Haven’t had a chance to try and replicate the problem on my Table iPhone app yet.

Same thing has been happening on my AppleTV 4…

Still having this problem. Watching something, will pause, then after pressing play it will jump to the very beginning of the program I’m watching and sometimes to just the top of the previous hour. For example, with the NBC nightly news on (530pm) I"ll pause and then it’ll jump to 5pm when I hit play.

This occasionally happens to me (back to beginning) with Roku TV and 4 tuner Tablo. Doesn’t happen on a regular basis.

Have the same issue when I pause news and then resume later, the Tablo will jump back to the very beginning of the program. The time indicator actually jumps all the way to the left off screen and the time counter goes negative. If I fast forward back to where the program was paused the program will play normally but if I do anything, like skip, the program will jump all the way back to the beginning again, with the time indicator going all the way off screen again. This is using the AppleTV app in my home (not remote)

Happened again this morning. I can’t even swipe it back to where it was. It’ll just jump back.
PLEASE fix this!

We’re in the process of investigating this now. We’ll hopefully be able to reproduce the behaviour and get to the root cause soon.

And now it says my subscription expired (it hasn’t)

I’m experiencing this issue as well. Considering this was being looked into several months ago, I would hope there is a resolution, but I haven’t found one in my search yet. Any updates from Tablo support? It’s pretty frustrating that I can’t fast forward through commercials after live pausing…

I am also still having this problem.

We experienced this earlier this morning as well. This occurred while trying to fast forward a recording while it was still in progress.

I too continue to have the same issues, replace Apple TV although it happens on three units I have. Contacted Tablo and they always say it is something unique to me but from this thread it is an on-going issue. Tablo would be great but for this application bug. They say it is the apple TV memory, reload the app. Does not work. If you pause the playback it will 99% of the time go back as far in time as possible up to a couple show to restart play. Very annoying to use Tablo. All channels, all Apple TV’s.

Same problem here.

I signed into this community in order to figure out how to fix this very problem!

Just got my Tablo a few weeks ago…love it but this is a big problem whenever I pause a program and them try to resume…goes back to the beginning of the recording…if you try to scroll forward it keeps automatically returning to the beginning on the timeline…very frustrating!

Any one found out how to fix?

Will add that I am using Apple TV, latest generation…does it on 2 different units…am trying to fast forward using the track pad on the remote…