Resolving Tablo Server Outages - July 27 & 28, 2025

Trying to put a good spin on it, only TV. :grinning_face:

Not like our bank accounts are wiped out, we missed a few recordings at worst :rofl: and just have to look for another way to watch TV for a few hours I guess. YES it did effect me bad, nothing works at all, not even sure what I lost yet, just only TV :grinning_face: will find something else to do for a bit now.

2 Likes

I AM MISSSING ALL OF MY PROGRAMS/RECORDINGS
I am new to Tablo. Is this a frequent issue with Tablo.?

I’m new to Tablo, just received my 4th Gen 4 tuner yesterday from Amazon, just getting the flashing white light like everyone else.
AS a new customer this doesn’t make them look good.
I’m a former Tivo user my TV Bolt was slowly dying, my clients are all offline that’s why I switched.
I Didn’t want to buy another all in service plan again because you can’t transfer it to a new Tivo Box, that’s another $250.
Where Tablo Charges nothing, hope it fixed soon.

1 Like

And my Tablo(s) have been working fine through all this and we have not watched any OTA TV since Friday. The only reason I know about it is because of this forum.

1 Like

For me, it’s a $100 toy, if it burned up I’d get another one, maybe different brand, or maybe do nothing till I felt like experimenting again.

For me, TV just ain’t super important, and I am far from a power user. I understand others have different wants and needs.

But I feel bad for the folks who did all their resets etc. in the hope of fixing it, but of course those steps are useless, the problem lay elsewhere.

And of course Mr Tablo, this is no way to retain customers or to get new ones.

1 Like

me too my tablos have worked throughout, just some guide silliness, which led me to think it was not my problem but the server’s.
This also was not my first tablo rodeo, BTDT as a novice user :slightly_smiling_face:

Wish I had seen this yesterday. Spent hours trying to figure out what was going.

2 Likes

Still broken. Returns its brokenness faster, but perhaps because fewer are trying (?)

I’ll try. Doubt they like people promoting competitive solutions for OTA DVRs.
This wasn’t an emotional decision, though I am VERY unhappy. We bought a 4th gen in 2024 to replace our 2nd legacy model expecting to enjoy many new features, only to realize that a few features that were critical to our user experience simply weren’t included (commercial skip anyone?).
For us the one feature that set Tablo apart from the competition and kept our loyalty was the ability to connect to the LAN via WiFi. Others now offer that capability and this lengthy weekend outage apparently caused by a fouled-up system update was the last straw.
Last one out turn off the lights.

1 Like

Could you give us an update every thirty minutes or so.

You are 100% correct on this point.

1 Like

Same here I just got my 1st Tablo yesterday from Amazon.
After spending a couple of hrs trying to set it up I called Tablo, they told me they were experiancing an outage and it should be resolved soon..
It’s now the next day and still not fixed.
Not looking good for Tablo.

1 Like

I’ve been saying that for a few years now.

Gee, maybe it’s my fault. Bought a new Tablo and was trying many, many many times yesterday to get set up but nothing but flashing lights. Finally got a blue solid light last night but still not working. Found this site and now I question whether I want to keep it or return it. Hope this isn’t a sign of my future…ugh…

On the second day of Tablo 4th gen not being found by my internet router. Tried rebooting everything (Internet server, router, Tablo) many times without success. Now after reading these comments logged over these two days I realize that I am wasting my time. My internet service is fine and I am able to have all functions except Tablo. Obviously a Tablo server issue. I was actually watching Tablo programming when it cut out two nights ago. Not a good turnaround on this outage. Still out and no idea when it will be restored.

Usually works well, however this is an extended server downtime that may be the longest one in the year I have had Tablo. I would hang on for another day or two and then decide. Hopefully the server issues will be solved sooner than later.:crossed_fingers:t3:

Can’t help but suggest: next time, be prepared to roll back server updates when issues arise applying them. And test, test, test before deploying. Sorry, speaking from bitter experience myself.

1 Like

Did Tablo try turning it off and turning it back on again?

1 Like

Was troubleshooting a channel on a TV, and made the mistake of trying to be diligent with my steps by rebooting the Tablo myself before contacting support, and now my Tablo is down and cannot proceed with setup, stuck on the white light because of this outage.

Can you imagine the grief these tech people are having every minute.

It looks like the servers have gotten worse.

https://downdetector.com/status/tablotv/