Resolving Tablo Server Outages - July 27 & 28, 2025

Yeaaa… the server bombed out and its slowly coming back. Everyone is have a different experience.

Major networks at 11:30PM are still missing.

I see that your and my CBS and NBC are missing the same items at 2330.

I’m having the same issue regardless of the app. (Android phone, onn box, LG TV, Roku TV) There are large blocks of programming labeled “Programming Not Available” This is on major network stations (WCBS, WNBC). Interestingly, the local shows and local newscasts are in the guide, but the network shows are missing. I’ve cleared the cache and downloaded guide data on each platform.

This would not be such an irritation of Tablo would offer an alternative simple DVR function (like the legacy models) that would let you set recordings based on date, channel and time and not reliant on a 3rd party program guide with pretty icons.

1 Like

Unlike what Tablo is saying, my guide data actually worsened between yesterday and today..

This “fix” that they uncovered a few days ago is clearly doing very little for most people. Waiting “ hours” or “overnight” for a refresh will probably NOT work for you as well.

1 Like

This is getting ridiculous. Last night I wanted to set up a schedule to record any upcoming NFL pre-season games. This is what I got in search results:

Yet, TitanTV tells me this:

C’mon, folks, get yer act together and fix this, please. I can’t record anything I want right now since the Guide is so FUBARed.

I live in southern california and I can use both the search and Guide(Sports/featured sports/NFL) on roku and fire tv stick and get the correct results. Could you be using an app that doesn’t search properly. I can also go to the Live TV grid for the august 16th NFL game and click on series information and get the correct information.

I just updated the guide and cleared cache and CBS (2.1 NY area) is finally recordable.

I look forward to Tablo support providing a root cause analysis and actions to be taken to prevent this from reoccurring.

2 Likes

This thread has gotten a bit wonky because of all the merged threads. It is not in chronological order, so be aware of the date of the posts.

5 Likes

Yes, I noticed that too.

And since I posted here several times I wanted to let everyone know that for now, it looks like I am suddenly able to record CBS.

2 Likes

I just checked and I can record individual programs and series. So I guess everything seems to be working. Waiting for the next hammer to drop :smiley:
Anyway thanks for working so diligently on it, team Tablo!

2 Likes

The issue is series recording with major network shows. I.e. CBS Evening News, ABC World News Tonight, 60 Minutes,etc

@Michael_Allbritton - has your Guide and search results improved?

They have improved! But as of last night I was unable to create a Series Recording. Sounds like I need to revisit.

1 Like

We believe we’ve resolved the issue that was preventing some users from scheduling recordings of any airings or series on certain major channels, such as CBS, in multiple markets. If you are experiencing this, please try running a manual guide update to see if the issue is now resolved:

  1. Open the Tablo app and go to the Settings screen.
  2. Select Update Guide Now.

If the problem continues 100% with a specific channel, after updating, please send us the channel details via DM so we can investigate further.

For users who can schedule some airings or series on certain channels but not others, these intermittent cases are more complex. Our team is still actively investigating and working toward a solution.

Thanks again for your patience as we work through the remaining scenarios. We’ll continue to share updates as progress is made.

5 Likes

I noticed that the posts were not in chronological order, and I thought something was wrong with my browser or this web site. I forgot about all of the merged threads! :grinning_face:

With a 1,000 posts, this topic may set a new Tablo record. And so I’ll say one good thing about Tablo — they didn’t whitewash this discussion and delete derogatory comments, but instead let the criticisms fly unimpeded. That’s worth something.

4 Likes

I am still getting a “Failed to Load. The requested content was not found” error when attempting to record all upcoming NFL games. I record individual games, but not the “series.” Same for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. That’s from a Search.

If I scroll over the time The Late Show is on, in the Guide, I get the same error as above when attempting to record “all new” eps.

So, no, I still can’t schedule any series recordings.

I’m trying to look on the bright side that this happened in the summertime when most of the shows are reruns, LOL. For how much Cable or YoutubeTV would of cost me the past 1 1/2 years makes the Tablo cost peanuts. Granted I already had a Roof antenna :smile:

Praying the powers that be get this sorted out. Don’t won’t to down the rabbit hole with another box. Before this happened my Tablo didn’t miss a recording for a long time.

Yours is partially working. Series new and individual episodes are allowed but disappear for 60 minutes and big brother.

But these are just my testing since I have plenty of legacy for any recordings.

1 Like