Repack: Orlando

RE: WOFL

I am north of the tower and have no issues. Seems only people south are.
You really need to contact the station chief engineer and find out what is going on.

I just emailed Jeff again ( Jeff.Roberts@FOXTV.COM )ā€¦
I asked him to rotate the Antenna a few degrees :slight_smile:

Wednesday, May 13, 11:30 a.m.:

WUCF IS BACK! Thank you for your patience the last few months following the fire at our transmitter site. We are happy to report we are back on our full power transmitter at 100% power. All of our viewing area should be able to see our signal. Again, thank you for your support, we truly appreciate our viewers. Be sure to check out the FAQs below if you are still having issues.

WUCF transmitter FAQs:

• As of May 13, 2020, WUCF is back at 100 percent on its full power transmitter.
    +Anyone with antenna, cable, and satellite should be able to see WUCF once again as long as you are in our coverage area.

• Should I rescan my TV if I canā€™t see you?

• You MAY have to rescan if you completed a rescan while we were off air.
  • I am have cable and satellite but cannot get WUCF. Help!

• Service has been restored to the cable and satellite providers in the area. Please call your cable or satellite provider to troubleshoot the issue.
  • What if I am still having issues?
    +Please contact our engineering team at 407-823-5343 so that they can help.

• How else can I watch WUCF?

1 Like

Here we in July now and still no Fox 35. Back up to 58 channels all are in except fox 35. Any Vizio TV having trouble getting channel? Iā€™ve moved antenna many times to the point Iā€™ve effected reception on other stable channels. So I know itā€™s spot on towards tower and 30 ft in air. I pick up these 2 Spanish channels 31 I never had before. Anyways anyone still having problem in s.e. brevard co getting fox 35?

Yup. No Joy here in Malabarā€¦

I talked to Louis Toepel at Fox. He said they have been using backup transmitters and antennas since January. The antenna is directional and pointed north and west. They completed installation of a permanent system today and Fox should be available this evening (8 Sep). Try a rescan tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Awesome ! That make me feel much better about my whole setup. It has been the only channel that I thought I should get that I havenā€™t been able to receive - Thanks for the updateā€¦

Alas, still no joy :frowning:

Joy, Joy, Joy - they are back up !

Just wondering if anyone has an update on this Fox35 issue? Iā€™m a new Tablo Dual 128GB user here in the Orlando area and my attic antenna works fine for FOX35 when direct connected but somehow the rescan does not find it. Otherwise the unit is working great.

FOX35 (Orlando) has been out the last couple days for me - anybody else ?

I took my digital TV receiver with me yesterday, and to my irritation I could not receive Fox 35 (located in South Brevard) . Ive since done a scan and canā€™t get it. Ch 35 seems to be a ABC station, and I get nothing on Ch 33? I happened to be in Daytona Beach last week and got it fine on Ch 35.1. Whats going on here? Do I need to participate in FCC public comments upon license renewal? We were told over the air DTV would be better than the old analog system. Thus far all Iā€™ve noticed is more reception issues and more transmitter down time. Thanks for reading my rantā€¦

According to this, WOFL - TV Station Profile - FCC Public Inspection Files their FCC license for Ch 33 has expired. Perhaps they have chosen to let it lapse. WTH??

I got this nice response from Louis Toepel @ WOFL :

Hello and thank you for the email. WOFL and WRBW are currently broadcasting at a lower power from our auxiliary location. This is most likely the reason you are experiencing reception issues in your area. Unfortunately, a significant problem developed at our main broadcast location. The current estimated time needed to resolve the problem is 3-4 months. Once completed WOFL and WRBW will return to full power, which will significantly improve the signal strength in your area. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I left a VM and sent a Tweet to WOFL and got nothing. Given Fox 35 operates to serve the public via its FCC license, I donā€™t understand why it takes 4 months to fix a transmitter problem. One would hope the RF over-the-air broadcast that they are licensed for , would be available in case of a emergency where cable and internet may not be available (like a major hurricane for example) , apparently not if the emergency occurs within 4 months. If I can find a avenue to reach the FCC I am going to complain about this. When I first moved here, you could receive the channel well with a 12" loop antenna on the back of your television. They have apparently adopted the policy that if you cant receive them via cable, satellite or internet you are SOL. When I find a FCC link, Iā€™ll post it here. Thanks again. (BTW, to further rant, whenever some outfit like Dish or Comcast is about to drop Fox 35, they run a ticker across the screen for days begging us to contact our service provider to lobby not to drop them. Seems like they could notify us via the ticker that they are for now abandoning their RF broadcasts to Brevard )
Update 3/05/21 :Well, Iā€™m a little less miffed @ Fox 35 this morning. I had left a message on their technical support line earlier in the week and heard nothing back (thus my frustrated earlier post as I could get no information other than from my fellow viewers on this msg board) . I got a call back from a nice guy this morning (one of their engineers Mr. Lou Topell) who took the time to explain to me that their antenna that services this area (the coast in general) was damaged by wind, although its covered by warranty, it has to be taken down , shipped to Indiana and repaired, shipped back, and installed via helicopter. Louā€™s current estimate was it would be up sometime in May. I mentioned that I was receiving Fox 35 3 weeks ago in Daytona Beach, Lou said they did a temporary antenna set-up to broadcast to that area since the station carried the Daytona 500 that weekend. I asked why there was no notification of this anywhere, Lou said that was a decision from the Business side of the station, but generally they donā€™t like to report partial broadcast outages because it confuses people unaffected by it. Lou said he has added me to a email list that will be notified once over-the-air the broadcasting resumes to this area. I will pass that on when it happens.

Could it be that they are replacing the antenna/tower. And that would probably also include replacing the transmitter.

And maybe the current equipment doesnā€™t meet FCC requirements.

The pandemic, the previous channel repack, and voluntary transition to ATSC 3.0 have all created difficulty in availability of tower parts and climbing crews. Itā€™s possible that they just canā€™t get what they need scheduled until then :frowning:

Got this msg just now from Mr. Topell. I havenā€™t verified it yet. but Iā€™m sure its valid. If you have results please post. Thanks

Both Fox35 & Fox35Plux are not operating at full licensed power from our main transmitter site. If you are not receiving our stations, please re-scan your television channels. Thank you for your patience during our difficult times.

Correction: NOW operating at full power!

Louis Toepel

Broadcast Engineer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.