Reorder Guide Channels

You’ve already acknowledged and accepted tablo is what you consider “the best system” so they’re not really comparable.

“Best user experience possible” as you see it. Looking through #feature-requests so many are must haves to make things manageable. Some have been implemented, some requested since it’s inception… and requested. Then there’s not features no one ever asked for. Just to create the best user experience… well, “the best” isn’t going to be a one-size-fits-all.

Here TabloTV concludes:

We were trying to limit the number of options available in order to keep things simple.

It may have been specific to asking for adjusting both start and end times +/- or it may have been a generalized statement - the best user experience is one which doesn’t overwhelm their largest demographic. You have to suspect they do market research before they invest resources into anything… or not.

Buy our DVR - you can put the channels in any order you want :slight_smile:

Probably isn’t really a big marketing mover.

__
That’s not to say it’s not a valid feature request. It’s been around for some time. They claim it’s something worth implementing in future updates.

With so many other features and bugs to fix in all the various apps. maybe tablo will implement this as a first out in the windows app.

Then tablo could claim it has the must have feature that all the other DVR’s have.

Then they could slowly roll it into all the other apps. That way I’ll will have by-passed ATSC 3.0 and be watching ATSC 4.0 before it reaches any device I use.

I have not read all of this thread, but I would say, instead of having to re-order of channel guide, do like my TV has, have different filters for the channel guide: All or favorites1, favorites2, etc. That may be easier to implement.