Reorder Guide Channels

I just started using the Tablo this week since the App was released for the Apple TV so forgive me if I missed it. Can you reorder the channel lineup in the guide? My antenna can pickup 38 channels and I know I will use 4 or 5 more then the others. It would be nice to reorder the channels with the ones I will use the most at the top.

1 Like

No, thereā€™s no way to reorder the channels.

There isnā€™t a way to re-order the channels although weā€™ve considered adding a ā€˜favorite channelsā€™ option that would place those higher in the guide.

If there are channels in your lineup that you never watch, you can consider removing them entirely from the guide via the channel scan section in the settings area of your Tablo app.

4 Likes

Resurrecting this because Iā€™d also like to see this feature. Each of my local major network channels also have 2-4 sub-channels. Iā€™d LOVE to be able to keep the big 4 at the top with all the sub-channels and lesser-known networks below. I donā€™t want to get rid of them, as they all might occasionally have something I want to see; I just want to easily be able to visit the big 4 networks in the guide first and have them all at the top without scrolling.

I agree, this should be revisited. As a new user moving from DishNetwork (or any cable provider I believe), I really want to see the big networks listed first (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox), and the secondary digital channels to appear later. I donā€™t want to turn some of these off, but it is really annoying to scan down over 3 pages of listing to see whatā€™s on Fox (channel 32) vs.other network channels from 2-7.

Please let the user order the channels. I donā€™t care if I have to do it via a web interfaceā€¦I want to set it once and forget it.

Thanks.

I assume you are talking about a server side setting that affects all UIā€™s. And what happens if someone else in the household doesnā€™t like your ordering?

This feature might result in a very expensive amount of retail therapy.

Agreed, this would be beneficial

Iā€™d like to add my voice to this. I donā€™t want to delete the subchannels, but I very rarely watch them and would like to ā€œhideā€ them at the bottom of the channel list.

Iā€™d like to see the favorite channels option. While I use other streaming services for some content, I use Tablo heavily for the major Networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, & FOX). I donā€™t want to remove the other channels as I may occasionally watch them, but Iā€™d like to be able to flip through these. quickly.

I just joined this forum. Iā€™ve had a Tablo 4-Tuner OTA Recorder for about a year now. One issue I have is not being able to re-order the channels as I only used four or five of the 20 channels I have access to. I found this discussion, but it doesnā€™t seem to have had any action since September 2018. Has there been any change in the features that would allow me to do this ā€œsimpleā€ task? Thanks, in advance, for your assistance in this matter.

This wonā€™t solve the reordering channel issue, however, unused channels can be removed from the channel list.

Itā€™s a counterintuitive processā€¦
Got to ā€˜Tablo Settings -> Edit Channel Lineupā€™.
Uncheck channels you donā€™t want.
Click ā€˜Add to Guideā€™ button.

No, you canā€™t reorder the channels. But you can remove the ones you donā€™t use.

Thanks for the comment/suggestion. I know I can remove channelsā€¦but I anticipate we will want to watch some of the other channels at some time. I guess Iā€™ll just have to continue dealing with the situation as it exists until Tablo decides to do something about the customersā€™ wants/desires. Thanks, again.

HughBlewitt

Donā€™t get caught up int ā€œmore is betterā€ syndrome. If you donā€™t use them, they get in your wayā€¦ but someday I just might/maybe want toā€¦someday. It just creates unnecessary frustration. You can always check the boxes when someday happens.

Or ā€œtheyā€™re mine, I got/get them, so Iā€™m keeping themā€ - similar net result - just because.

Itā€™s unlikely tablo - Nuvyyo, will decide to do anything in the foreseeable future.

Come on Nuvyyo! This is not some electronics project in the garage anymore. We have been supporting you for years now! You are the revolution leaders in cord cutting. Dont let amazon pass you up. Add a section on the Left called Favorites with a duplicate scanner/guide if need be. Telling customers to just delete channels so that the big 4 or 5 can be closer together in the guide is just not professional. I do watch the subchannels sometime but not nearly as often as the big 4.

I remove the Spanish , infomercial, religious, PBSKids since I donā€™t want them.

The channels are in numerical order. but get added in order.

Iā€™m STILL waiting for subchannels to automatically have a checkmark if gree.

It only marks ā€˜hdā€™ as automatically checked, and none of my sub channels are hd, so none of them auto-check

I only want HD channels, so I greatly prefer the current method.

Way back @TabloTV said all green could be checked automatically. My FOX, KTBC 7.1 is checked automatically and is only 720. 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 are not checked but are 480 and not 720.

Most subchannels are 720 or 480 in Austin, with the exception of KEYE which only has 42.1 and 42.2 both 1080 - CBS and Telemundo.

What about if there is a check box if you want all or only HD ?

1 Like