Allow Reorder of Channels in Guide

Since the channels live in software it should be possible to allow us to reorder the presentation of the channels in the guide. I’d like to group my HD network channels at the top, followed by those channels I watch less, followed by those I hardly watch. Since I’m in a metro area my guide has 62 channels. There’s no good reason I have to scroll and hunt for CBS just because it’s “number” is 42. If you can do this that would be great!

8 Likes

That’s definitely a popular request and something we would like to do in future updates.

5 Likes

…now that forum bookmarks can schedule reminders - a year into the future now, any new news on this popular request you’ve been wanting to do?

1 Like

I would like to add my vote for this feature, or allow for the creation of “Favorites” lists to be displayed.

1 Like

now it’s been 2 years since. Any update or comments? How far into the future you thinking?

…isn’t it cool how bookmarks can have reminders now :wink:

I guess my only comment is that I never had the desire to bookmark a forum posting let alone use any form of reminders. But to each thier own.

Nor have you ever started your own topic, but TabloTv, TabloSupport often make vague references and seldom follow-up …like comments to make someone feel good.

Yea, someday we might… but never say, we’ll it’s just not time yet - give it a couple more years.

I would like to see this too…
3 years out and all we got was MAYBE…Words are cheap…How about some action,

1 Like

when? seems like popular feature. check out titantv.com. they allow user to order the channels in sequence we want. please get this done.

Any update?

This would be a great feature. I never thought about it before but I would love to be able to put together my favorite channels right on the first page.

1 Like

I came here to request the same exact feature, because this is my top want. I have the ability to receive 49 channels, but I find that I only use 11 of them, so I haven’t enabled all 49. However, six of those 11 channels are my daily favorites, and I would really like to be able to re-sort/reorder the Tablo grid from my most used channel, to my least used channel, in the order that I liked. I would be able to see my favorite channels all at once.

If you filter by tv shows by channel on Roku you get 12 and on the Fire TV Stick you get 13. Sounds like if you use either of those devices your problem is solved.

I would really like this feature also. I go through the guide once every two weeks to make sure any everything I’d like to record is set up & it would be nice if I could sort so that my favorite channels are at the top of the list for this. Whereas, there are about 25 to 30 other channels that I would like to see guide material for every now & then, if I am bored & want to see what they are showing, but I don’t need them to get in the way of the grid when I’m doing my bi-weekly recordings.

Posted 12/29/19…

just haven’t yet figured out the TARDIS so we can be in the future with update.

1 Like

3 years into the future… is it still something you’d like to do? It’s still a popular request. Could you at least tell users to forget about it? so they can move on.

1 Like

It’s been Four years since this suggestion and Tablo hasn’t done anything.
I too agree that a feature to create a favorites list in the channel guide would be most helpful so one doesn’t have to scroll through dozens of channels to get to their favorite/local channel. Come on Tablo…if Amazon,Tivo,Sling,Youtube,Zapperbox can do it you can too!