Remote Access stopped with Android update, anyone else?

I can remote connect using the browser on my laptop and on my phone, but the actual phone app will not connect. Tried disconnecting and re-sync without success.

2 Likes

Why didn’t I think of that? lol

I just got that from tech support:

“Your Tablo’s remote access rules appear to be working normally.
However, we have recently discovered an issue with the Android app that appears to be disallow the Android device from connecting remotely.
We are actively debugging this internally now, and we intend to push out an update with a fix ASAP.
My apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience while we work on this.”

Kudos to their tech support team. They worked on the issue right away even when it did not impact “everyone” :smiley:

2 Likes

Call me jaded, but kudos?

The released a software update that killed one of the core functions of the Tablo app on Android. This seems to not be Samsung specific (which they’ve had in the past, and I can understand how that got under their radar), but more Android specific in general. So yes, it doesn’t effect every user, but they took something that worked and broke it, so kudos wouldn’t be the term I’d use for this.

I’ll give Tablo a lot of kudos for other things including: responsiveness, presence of the forums, their different way of doing OTA DVR, willingness to put up with me (I’m sure this is a big one), growing their business, open to ideas, implementing some minor changes that users ask for, etc.

But I will not give them kudos for trying to quickly fix a mistake that should not have been there in the first place and that should have been discovered during any reasonable QA effort.

1 Like

In a perfect world, no one or no company should make any mistake; but in reality, no product is error-free including Apple’s. The way I judge a company is how honest and responsive they are to their customer. There are many companies who would just deny the issue or even refuse to look into it until they receive a significant amount of complaints. In this case, the issue was not widespread (based on the general response in this forum) but they still took time out of their normal schedule to resolve it; and that alone deserves kudos IMHO :smiley:

1 Like

They’re not big enough to have that kind of attitude.

1 Like

Just got an Android app update. I wonder if it fixed it.

I just updated my phone app to 1.0.24-616/3000276 and it still fails to connect thru remote access. I believe that update was for the FTV stick issue and not remote access, but I could be wrong.

No update here…

This new update is awesome! They fixed a bug I reported just a few days ago where the screen would flash black for about 1/30 of a second when scrolling through recordings. Did anyone have this bug?

2 new photos by Eric Anderson

The bug is completely gone now, just silky smooth.

Me too android remote access is not working

Please add another Android user to the list. I’ve reinstalled the app, toggled the remote access option in settings, verified the server IP address (DHCP reservation) against port-forwarding rules, etc.

Device: Nexus 5
Android: 6.0
Tablo App: 1.0.25
Tablo Server: 2.2.8

Same here, no android remote viewing

FYI - An update is percolating through the app stores which corrects this:

4 Likes

I noticed that same bug. Great that someone had time to report it. I forgot.

FYI, this instantly fixes my Tablo Connect issue.

1 Like

It fixed my remote connect issue. Thanks again :smile:

This update also fixed my remote connect capability as well.

Mine is also working again. :smile: