Reboot tablo and roku

This is the reason I don’t like to post on these sites unless I just fell like arguing, You always get one or two people who just want type bunch of useless sttuff and don’t try to give you any help

Ok so your Tablo is hard wired to your router.

Your access clients connecting to the Tablo are Roku devices which are WiFi.

Sometimes you cannot connect to the Tablo on the Roku. Can you connect to the Tablo via other devices such as a smartphone or on a computer (using the Chrome browser)? If also no, then maybe the Tablo is losing connection to your router. But it could also be the router is losing connection to your Tablo, which is why I suggested to reboot only the router.

If rebooting only the router, without rebooting the Tablo, fixes your problem I would look at replacing your router. Even though the Tablo is hard wired to your router, that doesn’t mean every hard wired connection is full proof.

Do you mean a whole new Roku, or you are somehow running ethernet to the one you have now…

When asked - you did not tell us which Roku model you have now…

“Sometimes you cannot connect to the Tablo on the Roku. Can you connect to the Tablo via other devices such as a smartphone or on a computer (using the Chrome browser)? If also no, then maybe the Tablo is losing connection to your router.”

Do you think it’s possible that if other devices can connect to the tablo but one roku can’t that maybe that specific roku has exceeded it’s local allowable number of connections per app. And depending on the linger setting may undergo a graceful socket shutdown versus an abortive shutdown. And a graceful socket shut down has a defined timeout per socket.

3 hours ago zippy asked what model I told him roku premiere no ethernet connection I I ordered new ultra refurbished from roke ethernet port

Ahhh - sorry, I missed that. Either way, wired will be an improvement for you.

Did you reboot just your router (as suggested earlier). That’s an excellent idea to troubleshoot your issue.

tried phone no , remember when I first started this thread it will work if the tablo is rebooted

no haven’t had to yet been setting here doing this it’s been running for about 5 hours just now starting to bufffer

What’s ‘phone no’?

And re-booting just your router is to test your internal internet…

motorola g4 mytablo

I’m having some trouble understanding you - what’s been running for 5 hours and starting to buffer - the Roku?

tablo app in roku

I don’t know what you mean by ‘phone no’ - the Tablo app doesn’t work on your phone either? Is that what you mean?

zippy asked me if I had tried to use my phone to connect to tablo dvr

If the Tablo app is buffering like that, it could be any number of things - including poor wifi at the Roku. Of course, other apps are working at the Roku, so it may not be that.

It will be interesting to see when you get the wired version there.

I have no data plan on my phone sorry about that I use wifi

One last time for me (maybe it’s me - but you do not answer my questions directly) - does your Tablo app work on your phone? Is that what you meant by ‘phone no’?

Wired will work LIKE I said awhile ago If I use my laptop with ethernet connected it fine no problem

That also points to poor wifi at the Roku then.

thisjust started I have been using the same setup since feb 2017