Really clear antenna for outside

So far I’ve been using a flat antenna that you tape to the window. It worked pretty well I got plenty of stations for what I need. Yesterday I got an outdoor antenna and got a friend to hook it up today, wow! Couldn’t believe how much better, it gets 43 stations . Really clear too. Hooked it to a balcony railing & there was plenty of cord to reach where I needed it. I might upgrade the cord next payday, everyone’s telling me to get something called cat6 shield brand or something. Anyway, next payday.

Splurged 20 bucks & now I’m getting channels I never even knew about. The antenna is really small I didn’t think it would work that well but wow! Taking my old antenna to goodwill tomorrow. Fitting cause that’s where I bought it lol.

3 Likes

For 20 bucks that’s a great deal especially you get more channels and for the cable if you don’t have a long run the benefits are small to none sounds like the new antenna is close to your tablo if it’s just in your railings.

1 Like

Yeah the stations are really clear and there’s so many of them so I got my moneys worth for sure. Really excited.

Good for you. We need a pretty big and tall antenna to really bring in the OTA goodness in my area.

1 Like

My new antenna is really small. So I guess I must be living in just the right place, but it did make a big difference from the indoor antenna I was using.

We aren’t as close to a major TV market as most people. One interesting thing however is we fall in the middle of two major TV markets. It takes a bigger taller antenna out here to get anything but you can actually put two antennas on one high mast and get both markets.

1 Like

One problem with indoor antennas is that people moving about in a room can disrupt UHF signals in a small, but observable way. Different tuners may be more sensitive to this disruption and may not be able to error correct the digital signal. For this reason, I always try to use an outdoor (or at least attic mount) antenna. The fewer “moving targets” within the immediate area of the antenna, the better.

1 Like

The guy who set up my antenna is like you, he lives in between 2 areas.

1 Like

Way to go! You get that much out of that little, you’re doing something right. Some of those channels you’d never head of? Same experience, when I installed my rooftop antenna. Great, isn’t it?

2 Likes

You’re right it’s better to set one up outside, there is a really big difference.

2 Likes

20 bucks is good price :slight_smile: