Port Forwarding - Verizon FiOS G1100 router

@Hickory33 The details above from @ChrisFix should get things up and running. If you run into any issues don’t hesitate to send us an email. We’re happy to work with you to get this running :smile:

This worked perfectly. Thanks @ChrisFix

1 Like

Glad you got it working. Enjoy!!

1 Like

@TabloSupport, I tried @Hickory33’s details above, and I can not seem to get it to work. I tried the Public Port and Private Port that the Tablo app tells me to use. Please help. It worked before the latest update to the Tablo.

Try turning uPNP off… Then turn it back on and try again. That has worked for a couple of us.

1 Like

Where would that option be located?

Look at advanced, Universal Plug and Play…

Turn it off, Turn it on

Somehow that worked

Tried it and it didn’t work. Any other suggestions? Do I use the public or private port options? Right now i am using the private.

Well, if you use uPNP you let Tablo take care of it and do not set anything up. If you had port forwarding setup then remove that and try what I suggested again. Turn it off, turn it on and then try to turn it on again on the Tablo. It should take care of it…

I found the router not to work the way you think it should via upnp

But, here is a screen shot of how the one I did looks after uPNP took care of the ports

Okay. I will try that tonight. Should I use the public ports? I see you used that on yours.

I used uPNP and it set those automatically.

I actually tried to do it manually and was not able to get it to work

@Apple13 If this doesn’t do the trick, don’t hesitate to give us a shout and we can work with you on this.

@Jestep @TabloSupport So I unchecked the uPNP and logged out of the router, then turned off the Tablo Connect and quit the Table iOS app. Logged back into the router and turned on the uPNP, then opened the Tablo iOS app and clicked on Tablo Connect… it took about 30 seconds to connect… it worked! Thanks so much for all your help! I can now watch my shows on the go! #TabloRocks Now… if we can get this Apple TV app sooner then later! LOL.

4 Likes

I’m beyond frustrated trying to get the ports to forward. I’ve followed the above instructions with no luck, I’ve had mixed results with uPnP. To say I’m pissed is putting it lightly as I bought the lifetime subscription.

Go to this topic:
TabloTV Remote Access Requires Manual Configuration FIOS Routner

Hope that will help you.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. We will see.

setting a static IP with uPnP seems to have fixed it currently. We will see if it works at work.

My Tablo already had a DHCP assigned address. It would be a hassle to undo that and set a new one, and completely unnecessary. You can simply use the FIOS admin tools to make a DHCP assigned IP static. Here’s how.

Go to the Advanced menu
Click on Yes to proceed
Under Routing, click on IP Address Distribution
Click on Connection List
Locate your Tablo in the Host Name List
Under the Action column for your Tablo host, click on the pencil icon
Enter the MAC Address if necessary (get that from your Tablo App, under settings)
Click the check box next to Static Lease Type
Click Apply

That’s it. Confirm this with your Tablo app - the complaint about port forwarding should go away.

This Tablo IP will not change as long as the router settings are undisturbed, preserving the forwarding. If you reset or change your router, you’ll probably have to repeat this.

Here’s a screen shot of the final step

A final note: the other steps given earlier in this thread are not consistent with the current version of the FIOS G1100 admin app. The following thread provides current non-obvious steps to correctly setting up Tablo forwarding on the GS1100, but does not mention setting the static IP. (It is not easy to find as “Router” is misspelled.)

Hope this helps

2 Likes

I am also new to Tablo. My question is, do the routers manufactured by Netgear Powerline support have good build quality ???