Off, Off Topic - Andy G Show - another MeTV quiz

First time I took it, week or so ago, I believe I missed 2 or maybe 3. Some of them almost seem to be too trivial to remember, unless you’re catching Sunday afternoons :blush:

You were right with Lucille Ball. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz are generally credited as the inventors of the rerun ; it was first utilized for the American television series I Love Lucy (1951–57) during Ball’s pregnancy.

BTW Lucille Ball has the funniest episode of installing a rooftop antenna when she tries it with Vivian Vance.

3 Likes

That doesn’t look like an Antop :grinning:

Don’t they generally get some credit for (depending on how you phrase it) pioneering 2 (or mulit) camera sit-com in the live TV era?

Well, to avoid topic-hijacking I spawned this from Antop Antennas!, that post would be a fine segway to rejoin them :laughing:

I didn’t have time to watch it all the way through. I guess I forgot just how ridiculously hilarious she can be. way too much

1 Like

I guess she didn’t live in an HOA…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a great story - the first time Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) ever sang on stage:

Fortunately, they didn’t have to worry about HD Antennas back then, they could just buy any antenna off the shelf, and it’d be ok.

Actually I believe they were the first or at least one of the first sit-coms to be filmed, rather than being broadcast live, thus allowing for reruns and also a pioneer of using 3 cameras to do the filming.

The first two seasons of The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show were broadcast live every other week. It wasn’t until the third season that they started filming the episodes and then went to a weekly broadcast of the episodes.

1 Like

Not directly about the show, but MeTV just keeps digging on this subject. My score was sad with -4 as many I was just making “best choice” guess.

1 Like

1 Like

…it’s never ending. What’s with the obsession with The Andy Griffith Show?

Except Gomer at the “service station” my were virtually all guess, and my scored showed. :unamused:

1 Like

You’re not doctoring those screen shots of your results, are you? :wink:

1 Like

You guy actually knew those… couple guess? or a quick search here and there?

I hit a shameful 8, but I’m not a fanatical fan. Barney had two different places… that’s messed up.

Barney had two places…one for Thelma Lou, the other for Juanita…

2 Likes
1 Like