Not recording shows

Now that you mention it, it doesn’t look like 9-1-1 recorded for me yesterday either. In fact, even though I have it set to Record New Episodes, it doesn’t show next week scheduled to record even though it’s a new episode but it does show the week after that as scheduled…

Could this be a guide error @TabloTV? I ask because 9-1-1 recorded as scheduled last week so something has changed since last week.

Thanks for posting! Good to know I am not the only one… I hope support can chime in…
Again, this isn’t the only show for me and I am worried about the future.

I remember having an issue with an episode of AGT this summer. Can’t remember which episode.
Same thing @Nilex said happened back then too. I had to setup to record all new, was not scheduled to record the following week after that missed episode (had to set to record separately), but was OK after that. I seem to recall thinking it was a guide issue.
I have Hulu so we were able to get caught up – just had to endure the commercials!

I’ve had similar issues with other shows. I had to remove them from the schedule and put them back.

It looks as though both are marked as new so that is quite odd.

Worth touching base with support directly so they can take a closer look:

Anyone else still having this problem? I see in this thread…

people reporting La Brea wasn’t recorded this week. I ran into the same issue and it looks like it was going to happen with Ghosts again tonight.

I went through the rest of my scheduled shows and don’t see any other issues but I’m going to check them all again next Monday to see if anything gets unscheduled between now and then.

2 Likes

I don’t think the problem is with the Tablo, per se. I think the guide data is getting updated erroneously and removing the “New” flag from these shows.

I don’t disagree, just wanted to see if others are still seeing the issue because initially it seemed isolated to a specific show, now it looks like it is affecting at least 3 shows.

The same problem is reported in this thread: Multiple recordings on CBS. It doesn’t seem like a guide problem as my missed shows were set to record all.

1 Like

Thanks for the notice on Ghosts as I see the same. Here is what I saw before I fixed it:

Is there a fix other than watching the schedule all the time? How come Tablo support hasn’t said anything yet on this?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Seems it is happening on all networks and doesn’t matter what day or time.

I have had the same problem with both La Brea and also Ghosts. I just had an online chat with customer support and they are going to have my Tablo logs checked remotely to see if they can determine a fix

I’m wondering is the problem may be with the Guide Provider. I have another subscription service that I sometimes get programs through. I had La Brea set to record on this service, also. Programs, when recorded, were stored under “Brea”. (Tablo did not do this, BTW.) The guide service used by the distributor also handles a number of Spanish language programs, and in Spanish, like English, the definite article (“the” in English, “la” in Spanish feminine) is dropped from sorting and matching.

Admittedly, this is far fetched, but with several of us not getting La Brea recordings, (despite it showing up in Scheduled Events in Tablo), I don’t think its random, or because of local reception issues.

Totally agree. Since my problems seem to happen after I had been running the latest Tablo firmware (2.2.38) for a while with no issues, I don’t think it’s related to a Tablo firmware update either. Guide provider problem seems the most logical, hopefully they can get it resolved ASAP.

I had my Tablo set to record Law & Order SVU on NBC, and it missed this week’s show (the 500th episode). This was the first skip I have noticed.

What did Tablo support have to say about the missing recordings?

I’ve encountered the same problem.
I’ve had either new episodes or all episodes suddenly stop recording!
The “band-aid” (as it can re-occur at any time) has been to delete the show as a scheduled recording and then re-establish it as a scheduled recording.
Redundant, ridiculous and (should be) uneccessary, I know!..but it has worked for me numerous times.
On various occasions, I’ve discussed this issue with Tablo support and they’ve consistently blamed the guide data provider.
I’ve proven this not to be the case, as the previous week/day (as some are daily recordings) have identical show titles and no deviation whatsoever.
The particular show description will vary (obviously) but there’s no justification in blaming the guide provider, as, once I use the aforementioned method, the recordings (containing the same exact info.) are successful!
Don’t assume that it’s the guide data provider’s fault. It’s not!
Neither is the missing/inconsistent cover art (which they’ve also blamed on the guide data provider).
When in doubt…blame somebody else!

I am having the same problem, missed, La Brea and Ghost last week and Young Sheldon today. Young Sheldon was also not going to record next week. Young Sheldon was mark as new but was not recording.

Tablo tv, please do something. This is getting really unreliable.

1 Like

I did NOT have any issues with recordings for those 3 shows this week, in fact I had no recording issues at all this week and when checking the scheduled recordings for this week and next week earlier this week I didn’t see any issues for next week either.