NEW! Web-Based Smartphone Apps

@thebellenir Well, thank you very much! We really appreciate the feedback, and all of the kind words :slight_smile:

To all… it’s not “the problems” that matter, it’s the response… and @TabloSupport responds (just maybe not as fast as some would like!).  Good job!

Any updates on when chromecast will work with Android. Kinda a HUGE feature thats lacking especially since there isnt any HDMI out on the unit. 

Better android compatability across the board would be nice. I loved the app for my Nexus 7 (when it worked) with how it organized the shows by date recorded, i could fast forward and rewind byt 30 sec intervals, and chromecast. Then came 5.0 which made the app useless and this web app is. I still have to go through the chrome browers to get chromecast to work, and a cluttered listings when looking at my recordings.

Sorry to hear about your Chromecast/Android issues, Kovs.  I use the same setup, and it seems to work fine.  I am even using a Nexus 7, as well.

However, I am running 4.4.4 still, and that is why I am probably still in business.

Nevermind.

How come nobody seems to remember Android 3.0, 4.0, etc…?  Google is not great at .0 releases.

How come nobody seems to remember Android 3.0, 4.0, etc...?  Google is not great at .0 releases.

sad but you are correct

How come nobody seems to remember Android 3.0, 4.0, etc...?  Google is not great at .0 releases.

It’s that way for almost any software product.  IOS 8.0, Windows 8.0, etc. 

This is a minor nitpick but I seem to get inconsistent fast forward results.  Sometimes it’ll advance a few seconds, other times it’ll be more (15-45 seconds?).  Also, it seems once we get near the end of a show the fast forward buttons don’t respond.  If I pause the recording being watched, it’ll ff fine.  

iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.  Apple TV and Tablo connected to the same router via ethernet.

Again minor complaint.  Just something I’ve noticed.

Well, @TabloSupport and @TabloTV, it worked fine until yesterday. Unfortunately, the web-app will no longer connect :frowning: I’ve cleared my cache, updated my OS, deleted and re-added the app…reset the Tablo, everything I can think of but it won’t connect.

Well, @TabloSupport and @TabloTV, it worked fine until yesterday. Unfortunately, the web-app will no longer connect :-( I've cleared my cache, updated my OS, deleted and re-added the app...reset the Tablo, everything I can think of but it won't connect.

Are you able to connect to your Tablo with any other devices or is it just limited to the web app on  a single device?  

@tablotv So with the new 4.1 compatibility, does that mean there will be a web app for Kindle Fire HD’s?

@jbanks25 - We do have an app for Kindle Fire tablets: https://www.tablotv.com/tablo-products/#tablo-apps

Have you tried installing this?

The Android tablet app is designed to work on 7" screens but I hear it works on the Kindles that are smaller.

The web app should work Kindles too. Give both a try.

When I tried in the past they showed up as unavailable on my devices because they were older and based on 4.1.  I guess I will ahve to head back to the store now and send them to my devices.

@tablotv Whoops, I was wrong.  Mine are based on 4.0 still, so I’m not compatible.

:frowning:   Sorry!  We struggle to get things working on 4.1 so 4.0 would be a BIG stretch.

It’s OK, there is always plex, Silk will also play video it if you copy and paste the link it gives you when the web browser fails initially…  There are always work-arounds.  Lucky to not be a typical consumer :slight_smile:

I feel the pain of @TabloTV. Trying to support older technology is hard and at some point you have to cut it off. Regardless of the loss. As an example, iPad 1 is pretty much out of luck with iOS updates. It would be nice if Tablo could support every device in the world and every OS, but at some point there has to be a ROI for that work. Personally I would prefer they work on the current requests for currently supported devices and when all of that works then “maybe” look back.

Let me add, I do not update that often and still have my iPad 2 with no thought of upgrading anytime soon, but I know at some point Apple is going to leave me behind. But they have a lot more resources working on the code :wink:

Now, having said that @TabloTV any update on the API documentation? I think some of us would love to write some external apps to do some of these requested items :wink:

@Jestep - The foundation of the work we’re doing for the new Roku channel is the core of what we intend to use for the API. It’s coming along nicely but I don’t have an ETA to share on when we’d launch a full-blown developer program.