NEW! Web-Based Smartphone Apps

The downloadable web apps for iOS and Android smartphones we announced late last month are now here! Download the new apps directly to your smartphone from the Apple App Store and Google Play store to make it even easier to manage and watch content on your Tablo DVR from anywhere in the world. Get them today!

The apps are available for all iPhones running iOS7+ and all Android phones, phablets and tablets running Android 4.1+. Unfortunately, the Android smartphone web app cannot support Chromecast at this time but will be coming soon. Get the full scoop on the blog.  

This is great! Been waiting for this…

It’s loading right now.

You know I have been waiting for this. At work and downloaded it, so will scan for my Tablo once I get home. Provide feedback to @TabloTV and @TabloSupport via this thread?

I haven’t been able to use connect since I upgraded my nexus 5 to android 5.0. Downloaded the new phone app and it shows no Tablos. Do I need to go home and resync? Thanks

@strategx, yes, you will need to go home and resync.  It is like a new connection to your Tablo.

Downloading it right now… Thanks… 

Will report back on how well it works… 
:stuck_out_tongue:

@thebellenir Yep! Feel free to post feedback here or straight to me directly.

Thank you very much @snowcat.

Just in time for the game on Sunday when I must accompany my wife to the mall.

how is this different functionally from the previous Android app for tablet 7" or larger ?
Is this an update to the Android tablet app ? If so, what are the new features ?

Cueing and scrubbing through commercials still a pain in the rear… Longing for a way to see a “frame preview” while scrubbing forward in the time line.

how is this different functionally from the previous Android app for tablet 7" or larger ?
Is this an update to the Android tablet app ? If so, what are the new features ?

It’s an alternative to the Android tablet app.  You can have both installed to compare.

Best new feature on tablets - Rewind and skip buttons for live tv (not there in old app)
Main disadvantage on tablets - can’t cast it to Chromecast

For phones, it is even better.  There were no skip or rewind buttons before for either live or recorded video.  Now they exist.  I also have no stuttering issues.

Are there plans to add chromecast support?  I think that is an important missing feature.  Also, when I downloaded the app from Google Play and ran it, a second app was automatically downloaded and it required me to change my settings to allow apps from unknown sources.  Any plans to integrate that into the main app?  Thanks.

Awesome job!  I’m running it on Samsung Note II after 6 hours of testing I’ve had zero crashes.  The interface is smooth, and performs just like the web interface.  I was even able to tunnel it over my VPN connection after I first connected via my local network.  This is required because of the broadcast protocol used by the app to find the Tablo.   Now I can schedule and watch anywhere in the world from my phone!  This is was one of  the my biggest pet peeves with the product.

Again, outstanding development work on this version!

It sort of works… but portrait only (won’t rotate) on my Android 4.1 phone.  So… back to plain old Chrome web app for now (which requires that I remove the extraneous = after the 404 not found).

Rotates just fine on my Samsung S5 Android 4.4.4.

I know these are only “steps” to a native app … but it works really well the only thing missing on iOS is air-play support … that would be really nice but its not viable with a “web-app” … but great so far … thanks!

Good to know when we upgrade our phones.  But on 4.1, even if you start it “landscape”, the video forces portrait (tiny video).

Good to know when we upgrade our phones.  But on 4.1, even if you start it “landscape”, the video forces portrait (tiny video).

Only when you play on portrait it does that. So go to landscape before pressing the play button and it works fine.