NEW! Web-Based Smartphone Apps

@girimurthy, nope… if you start it landscape it flips to portrait for playing the video (really… it does).

There’s an app called “Set Orientation” that can be used to force the display to landscape always… it’s one way to work around the problem… but again, doesn’t make for a good demo.

@cjcox - We’ll see if we can get that ironed out… Getting it to work on 4.1 to start with was apparently pretty painful though! 

@cberry - Yes! We are working on adding Chromecast support for this app. Stay tuned! 

@TabloTV, my new phone is on the way.  Now I get to experience the joys of Android 4.4!!  But I’ll keep my old phone for testing (just WiFi only)

@cjcox - Enjoy your new phone! What did you get?

HTC One M8

Works great on my Android 4.4.  Wife has a Kindle Fire.  Not a Kindle and not a Kindle Fire HD.  Would love an App for that.

^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

This is what I’ve been waiting on!  Tablo+iPhone+AppleTV = LOVE

Bravo my Canadian friends!

@HappyUser, Amazon drops support for their proprietary versions very quickly.  You probably already know that, but just in case.  With that said, because of this, you can usually get some pretty good deals on Kindle Fire stuff.  Hope you get your Fire app wish!

Web based android app can be sideloaded on Amazon Fire TV and works if you have a keyboard/mouse connected.

This is what I've been waiting on!  Tablo+iPhone+AppleTV = LOVE

@DaveG … the iphone version does not have Airplay support yet…  (or that I noticed unless I am blind)

@ericgus You have to enable AirPlay from your lock screen.  Select your ATV without mirroring.  Once you start playing a show via Tablo you’re all good.  There isn’t anything in the app.  I’ve been watching Live TV all morning without a hiccup. :slight_smile:

My fear was the impact this would have on battery life.  I’ve been watching TV for about an hour and my battery life is still at 100%.  You guys just saved me $300 as I’ve been contemplating getting an iPad mini.  Previously, I was using Plex on my MacBook and there was always something.  If I was going to take my laptop with me, I’d have to configure ATV to use my wife’s MBP as a media server.  Then it’d hibernate…

Recordings play back perfectly on my Nexus 5 with Lollipop, in landscape (won’t go to portrait, but wouldn’t want to anyway).  But for Live TV all that is offered is REC, no actual feed.  Is that by design?  Playback starts immediately, and skips are instantaneous!

Yea, now make Chromecast a very high priority, because the Tablo channel through Plex is terrible.

@oldmike - To get live TV on that screen size you have to click on the station ID, not the show ID. 

@ericgus @DaveG 

Yep - it works! Airplay is just a little different in iOS8. Apple took the Airplay button out of the player and put it in control centre. All you’ve gotta to do turn it on is swipe up from the home screen, select Airplay, then head over to the Tablo app. Any video you play will be sent that way - this is a ‘system wide’ setting as opposed to an ‘per app’ basis they at working before.

New problem.  I generally cannot play anything from Tablo via the Table channel on Plex.  So I just tried to play last night’s Sixty Minutes on my phone from the Tablo android app.  It will play for ten seconds, then buffer for ten seconds, on and on.  So I tried the Tablo channel through Plex and it worked perfectly for the entire show.  Both are through my Nexus 5 with Lollipop, via my own wifi,.

New discovery…the old Tablo tablet app works even if my Android player is connected to an external VPN server; however, the new Tablo web app will not find the Tablo unit under the same circumstance…I hope the development team can address this so the web phone app works the same as the tablet app.  While you are at it, please make the both app works with a wired ethernet connection

[edit] I realize the android web app might work if I enable remote access on the tablo but that could meant traffic going outside my LAN then coming back in which is not desirable; beside, the Android table app works without having remote access enabled so why shouldn’t the android web app works the same…

@TabloSupport, not sure this has been mentioned or if it should work, but the app does not start at the last stopped position, nor does it save the last saved position.

Galaxy S5

Not sure why the change, but I can now play Tablo recordings through the Tablo Channel via Plex.  However no change in Live TV: plays two seconds, then back to the control page.

This is what I've been waiting on!  Tablo+iPhone+AppleTV = LOVE

@DaveG … the iphone version does not have Airplay support yet…  (or that I noticed unless I am blind)

You can totally Airplay…The button isn’t on the screen, but you just have to swipe up to get your control center and Airplay from there…Works fine for me.

Which leads me to this: Thank you, thank you, thank you for addressing our concerns through this release. I now have a whole home DVR solution for broadcast television that is simple and easy to use. The wife has even started using it more regularly…I’ve cut the cord (for the most part) and am now saving $80 - $100 per month while still being able to get the content I want when I want it.

I know I complained A LOT over the last several months, and I just want you to know how appreciative I am that this solution is actually working. Keep the momentum and you’ll have a lifelong customer.