NEW - Update to Tablo web app

The performance on this new web app is glorious!

This new update is broken for me with Chromium on my Linux Box.
I donā€™t have Windows anymore because I gave that laptop to my kid to finish college.

This is the error I get in a pop-up window :

===============
There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication or internet connectivity issues.

OK

Iā€™m writing this, so you can see my internet is connected properly.

UPDATE : Sorry, now it worksā€¦

I have the exact same problem, running Chrome and checked and the Tablo is running the new version. I have to click the ā€œrewindā€ button, and it re-syncs, but then gets off again.
May be while another show is recording? Or may have been on the same show while it was recording? Cannot remember. But just noticed it for the first time.

@TabloTV Can you reproduce my issue (with two Tablos and iOS 9 Safari) in house?

@jkline - We are able to reproduce this issue here. Weā€™re almost certain it has to do with Safari not allowing enough memory space for the 2nd database.

We can confirm this with your logs if you send over your MAC address to the support team. Weā€™ll need to be on standby when you start the log process. http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@TabloTV Did you mean to say that you CAN reproduce this? If you can reproduce it, why do you need me to send my MAC? I ask because itā€™s not a good time for me to debug further (new puppy in the house).

@jkline - No worries. We should be able to scrape up enough evidence without your logs. Just thought weā€™d offer if you wanted to pitch in.

And donā€™t worry about the iPhone, this is a Safari desktop thing only.

Good luck with the pup! Can we get pictures?

Perhaps we are talking about two different issues.
I just filed the ticket with my MACs. This is 100% reproducible for me; but it is not a pressing issue.

I AM SEEING it on the iPhone and iPad when using Safari (iOS 9).

I am NOT SEEING the issue on OS X Safari (El Capitan).

And now for the important info, meet Cosmo:

3 Likes

@jkline - Thanks for the the detail. Iā€™ll send this along to the dev.

UPDATE: So we have confirmed that the issue is indeed related to the database memory technology in Safari on iOS9. The native downloadable apps for iPhone & iPad use a different database technology so they shouldnā€™t exhibit the same problems.

Because the database technology we use for Safari does have this issue which unfortunately isnā€™t resolvable (and is beginning to be phased out, despite the fact that it works better than an alternative (IndexedDB) we will be moving to our REST API in the future.

In the meantime, the solution is to use the downloadable apps vs. Safari browser on your mobile devices.

And OMG heā€™s cute. Lab x Setter?

Golden Retriever

Have not used my Tablo this summer but now that the new TV season has started, I had to blow the dust off, do the updates etc. I am mainly using an Android TV box (AmLogic based). After the update the the Tablo App plays the video with a stutter - sound is smooth. So I switched to the Chrome browser. Initially playing the recordings on Chrome worked but when looking for the solution for the Android App , I did a fresh install of the ROM and all apps and now Chrome does not play the video - although when I select Chrome as an external player it is 100%. I am having the same problem on a freshly installed Chrome Browser on my Samsung tablet.

Why not use the actual Tablo app on your devices? It works much better.

1 Like

Agree with you and it used to be like that before the SW updates, now the video plays with a stutter (and I have reinstalled everything from a total wipe). I am semi in trouble since the ease of the Tablo App was what made me convince my wife to cut the cord.:frowning:

This is an awesome update, fixed all my problems with watching TV on my PC and from my iPhone, excellent job to the tablo team!!

Could there be some Flash coding included somewhere in the Roku player? If you could replace that with HTML5 it seems like it could fix the issue.

GJ again!

Roku uses itā€™s own native player, itā€™s not Flash nor HTML5.

Great update, the web app in Chrome works 1000% better than before. Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

The web app at my.tablo.tv in Chrome is still trying to load live TV using Flash and Iā€™m getting the ā€œYour browser does not support playback for Tablo video streams. If you have disabled Flashā€¦ā€ error when trying to play a Live TV channel.

What Iā€™ve tried:

• Updated to the new firmware (Device: 2.2.6; HTML Application: 1.0.23-597)
  • Updated Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.80 m; Windows 10 (64-bit))
  • Cleared my Chrome cache
  • Used a Chrome incognito window

Any ideas on why Iā€™m still being served the old web app?

Can you uninstall Chrome on your computer, reboot your computer and then do a clean install of Chrome?

@marjamar I have had the same issue. I have not been able to connect to chrome since the 2.2.2 update. Have you been able to get it resolved?

Nope. I can get to the tablo through PLEX which works without a problem remotely. Since I rarely use tablo for actually viewing TV or recordings, itā€™s not that big of an issue for me. It does work to my android now that the android app update was releases so thatā€™s good enough I guess. Pity is, some people really need to have good remote access to their PC.

-Rodger