NEW - Update for Tablo ROKU Channel (2.2.8)

Indeed!

Lots of tips/tricks here: https://www.tablotv.com/tablo-how-tos/#roku

Interesting. My Roku 2 just upgraded to Roku Firmware 8.0.0.

Which Roku 2?

There are multiple, you likely don’t have the Roku 2 (2720).

According to the label (2720X).build 4128-06.

Oh that makes sense, that Roku 2 came out after the Roku 3 Model 4200 (which I have and is running v8).

My bad, I am thinking about the older 2 models -> Roku 2 HD (3000), Roku 2 XD (3050), Roku 2 XS (3100)

My mind wanders and I get names and things mix up. The Roku seemed to be a little slow after the update but it looks like it might work out. The fast forward thumb nails look okay. Time will tell.

Update: I had accepted the fact that my Roku 2 (2720 X) was old technology and I was thinking about buying a Ruku Ultra for the living room and moving the Roku 3 from the living room to the bedroom to replace the Roku 2. After I received the 8.0.0 upgrade on the Roku 2, many of the issues that I was experiencing on the Roku 2 vanished. The upgrade was slow in coming but it may buy me some time before I have to upgrade my two bedroom Roku model 2s in the bedrooms. In two and a half months, I will have recovered the costs of cord cutting. In a few days I wil have a better idea about how well the upgrade worked.

Any hope for a play entire season button similar to Netflix and Plex style?

1 Like