NEW - Update for Tablo ROKU Channel (2.2.8)

Saw the new look of the scrubber this morning, and wasn’t sure if it was Roku or Tablo update. But that’s all I noticed.

Would still love to see a watch random. For sitcoms sometimes I just want to see any episode to kill a half hour

Like Google’s ‘I’m feeling lucky’ button? :smiley:

Basically. I’ve posted about this before, but think off watching tv like a music app. Sometimes I want to shuffle. Sometimes I want to shuffle across genre (give me any random sitcom). Having those features would be great for just mindless TV/background noise.

When are we going to see ‘Original Airdate’ displayed in episode descriptions?

You mean like this?

I suspect it’s a function of the guide supplier providing that data. :slight_smile:

Isn’t FirstAired available in the WEB app. And if so, you can’t expect every feature in the Roku app.

I like that I can now see the preview images during double and triple fast forward!

But more importantly… MY AUDIO FINALLY SYNCS WITH MY VIDEO AGAIN!!!

1 Like

So I like the watch next feature and the FF thumbnails on 2 and 3 times but those are the only positive. It does not seem to work well with old tvs. when I FF or RW it skips from the window I am trying to select. Also when i hit OK to see what show I am watching it is bigger now.

When will we get a “settings” menu in the Roku menu? I have to use a PC to make settings changes.

Prior to the upgrade my only complaint was not seeing the frames while fast forwarding trying to catch up while it was still recording. With the upgrade the audio sync is off for both live and recorded shows and as soon as I try to rewind or fast forward it appears to rebuffer, but just hangs. I have a fire tv hooked up to the same tv with no issues. Any thoughts?

Just noticed the Firmware 8.0 update for my Roku 3 took place yesterday. The Watch Next button is appreciated. I have two seasons of NYPD Blues. The Watch Next button sends me to the first available episode of season 3 without having to scroll thru season 18.

Build 8.0 does not show up as available for my Roku 2 boxes yet.

Earleir this week I tried to get my Roku Premiere+ to update to build 8.0 without any success. :crying_cat_face:

I am new at this but my Roku 3 shows Software Version 8.0.0 and Build: 4088. Updated on Oct 19 at 12:09 am.

I believe both of my Roku 2’s show Software Version 7.7. I suppose they will be updated when Roku makes them available.

I assume my Roku 2’s are too old and would not benefit from the 7.7 update, even if it was available.

Ever since the channel update, my Roku freezes repeatedly when I’m watching Tablo. The only cure I’ve found is to power-cycle the Roku.

Obviously this could be a Roku issue, and I rarely watch any of my other Roku channels, but it did start when Tablo did the Roku channel update. Could this be related?

It’s funny to read various users sadden by the fact that their Roku device didn’t get the latest, just released, major version of the Roku OS. Older tablo users use to live in fear and dread of just what features of the tablo Roku app would become unstable - usually resulting in a Roku reboot during playback.

Yep…Roku updates, always a gamble… it will take some time (and many successful updates) before they can change their reputation.

II have experieced the replay lockup on my Roku when I fast forwarded through a commercial break and then pause while waiting for my wife to get back from her potty break. When she got back, I could not get the show restarted. Usually, I can get out of the show with the return arrow by the home button. After getting out of the lockup, I can use the Roku to watch any recorded show, except the one that is locked up. I also believe that this usually occurs when all 4 turners are recording and I am watching a show that is still recording. If I watch somethig else for awhile, the lock up clears, even before the problem show is finished recording. There is no problem, later, watching any of the 4 shows that were recording when the lock occurred. I even finished watching the program that stopped, after the lockup cleared but before the show finished the recording. If you give it time, the lockup seems to clear it’s self. I use to also reset my WiFi along with the Roku.

I try not to watch shows while they are recording or at least not while the tuners and the disk drive are busy. Now I don’t fight it, I exit out of the show and watch something else, rather than doing a reset. I know my show will record and I can watch it later.

What type hard drive do you have? I have a 3T WD Passport and I often feel that I could have made a better choice fo my HD. I have an older Roku 3. Both my Tablo and Roku updates occurred close together. When the lockup occurs, I can use my other devives to access my Tablo content. My actively recording shows record correctively with no lose of content. If the problem is The Roku. Then it locks the ability to view locked show on other devices until the lockup clears it’s self.

I record some shows that are older and have saved multiple seasons on my tablo. So I might have 9 seasons saved. On the roku app it takes FOREVER to get to an episode in say season 3 because I have to scroll down through every episode of every season. Is there a way to add the drop down menu for seasons or something similar so you could find an older season faster?

Use the FF button instead of the down button.