NEW - Tablo Windows 10/Xbox App Update (v.1.9.9)

The new Wondoze 10 app appears to have deleted the “FAILED” category under RECORDINGS. Can that be added back or is there another way to see failed recordings and delete them?

Apparently the banner notifying users about chrome and the tablo app is screwing up the math used for the vertical scroll bar, preventing you from scrolling all the way down, or not properly creating the scroll bar. For example on my Live TV page, I can’t see the last channel, and can’t scroll down to it. Most pages seem effected and the arrow for line down is missing. At least on mine. Would also be nice if we could dismiss the banner.

1 Like

It will return when we do the 2.0 update this fall.

Thanks!

Steve

I use Windows to watch Tablo DVR recordings very often. I would love to use the Windows App but there are features missing compared to the Tablo apps on Chrome, Fire TV app, and Roku App, all of which I use.

Specifically, the Windows App under “Recordings” it is missing the “Recent” tab. The “Recent” tab is on all other device apps but is missing on the Windows App. I need that option. Please add it on. Should not be too difficult, I suppose. Thanks.

@albertywu - Many of these features will be coming in the 2.0 version this fall.

such a vague date brings little comfort - waiting for an unknown.

At one time you posted we could use Chrome until Aug 31… Chrome didn’t change or quit working - you just blocked access.

Just tell people you don’t really know - whenever.

Doesn’t Google provide instructions on how to roll the Chrome browser back to a previous release and turn auto-update off?

Doesn’t that solve your problem. Otherwise the start of winter is December 21st.

“Google It” :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have to Google it. I’ve been turning off auto-update for many years. I still have a system using Chrome 49.

I was only hinting that there are instructions on how to not fall into the Chrome 93 trap, if you don’t want to, or go back to a release previous to 93…

We’ve updated the web app to include a dismiss button on the banner. Refreshing should get you version 1.9.12 which includes this.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about auto-update. I get to decide for myself. Log shows I upgraded - from 93.0.4577.18-1, to 93.0.4577.25-1 now they do a pre-browser check on the major version. No matter whether or not it has the CORS thing. From one build to the next – I changed the useragent to ’ Chrome/92.0.4515.13’ to match chrome-stable. Yup, my chrome-beta 93.X.xxx still loaded my.tablotv.com !!!

So why are they blocking me!?! The graphic says it’ll work until AUG 31… the browser still have function and it’s only Aug 12. Verifying with just the major version is wonky at this point.

Google Chrome isn’t really that important to me. Google’s purpose is to collect data for marketing sales. I’m not trapped.

If you know, and don’t need to Google it — ok I’ll zippy it “how does someone go back to a previous version of chrome” | “how does someone disable this auto-update” there’s obviously users who’d like to know.
[edit]
according to tablo’s settings

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.25 Safari/537.36

It knows I’m using a version of 93 and it’s still functioning!!! As long as I don’t disconnect it’s fully functioning.
– tablo seems to be taking a haphazard approach to this.

@TabloTV

Am I missing something? Your post indicates that the Windows 10 app has recently been updated (Step 1 of 4), and a whole new app will be available in the Fall (Step 3/4).

STEP 1 - NOW Tablo Windows 10 App Updated
[…]
Here’s what you can expect from today’s update:
Tablo Windows 10/Xbox App Update (v. 1.9.9)

• Adds Automatic Commercial Skip (functionality only, no success/error messages 6)
  • Adds Tablo Connect (Windows 10 only)
  • Adds 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Many other bug fixes and performance improvements

Yet when I go into the Microsoft Store (either directly or via your links), the app showing is dated 2016-09-06, same as what I installed years ago (and then rarely used because I prefer the Chrome version). There is no Download or Update link, only a link to Launch what I already have.

Your message indicates to wait a day or two for the app to be available, but your original message was a couple of weeks ago. If it makes a difference, I’m in your hometown of Ottawa Canada.

(My apologies if this is a rerun of an earlier question. This discussion thread has been so busy that it’s hard to keep up with everything that has been written!)

The date listed on the Microsoft store is the original release date.

It doesn’t show the date of the current release but if you look at the notes section, they match the notes for 1.9.9 which is this most recent update.

And if you look in the SETTINGS section of the Windows 10 app, you should also see that version number reflected.

The Tablo Windows 10 app updated on my computer as soon as I launched it.

I didn’t have to go to the Microsoft Store.

It sounds to me like the solution for continued Chrome compatibility is to support SSL in the web application.

Per a prior Tablo support post that isn’t possible because “The Tablo records and plays back unencrypted Over the Air Broadcast TV streams. Since the source video is unencrypted, the Tablo sends these streams over the Local LAN unencrypted. The Tablo encrypts control traffic for security but lacks the capability to do real time encryption of high bitrate video streams, as this has been unnecessary in the past.” This is the key to the issue even if they updated the public web app the Tablo would need the processing power and ability to encrypt the video that is originally unencrypted so likely significant hardware changes to support the web app. just my two cents.

1 Like

So if I use the windows app its like i am watching a slide show. If I load up firefox and watch it there everything is fine. This is a gaming class PC with a 2060 Super video card looking at the resources I don’t think this app is taxing the system in any way. Any Ideas? Anyone else having this issue as well?

One of the issues I see with the Windows Tablo app is that it’s missing features that we have accessing Tablo via the browser. One of those features that I use is a missing menu item… If I go to TV Shows in the menu, I don’t get the option to display only New shows.

In the web browser under TV SHows, I get All, New, Premiering, Genre, and Channels. In the Windows app, I get only All, Premiering, and Channels. Some years ago, I thought I saw mention of Nuvyyo bring parity across all apps. If they’re going to get rid of the ability to use web browsers, you’d think they would at least have all the features available in their Windows app.

They won’t even let you use Chrome Version 93.0.4577.51 even though there’s no reason (I’ve changed useragent, and it worked):

Now, disable chrome://flags/#block-insecure-private-network-requests which is reason Chrome is blocking the web app. (I’m sure this option will be gone someday)

And still: