NEW - Tablo Preview Channel Now Public

Hey folks -

If your Tablo channel is looking a bit different today it’s because Roku has finally approved the move of the Tablo Preview Roku channel to public.

Many of you have been enjoying the preview Tablo interface since April of this year, including the awesome new live TV grid guide. At that time, our plan was to make this preview live when it reached feature parity with the legacy channel. We’ve made the decision to do this sooner because of overwhelmingly positive feedback for the new channel and so all new users can easily discover this interface.

You can read all about this change and what it means for the old public channel (now called ‘legacy’) on the Tablo blog: https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-roku-preview-channel-now-public/

More updates for the new public channel are coming soon including more sorting screens and even some settings info! Stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

xxx ccc xx cc

We have the majority of the work on the next update already completed. It should be coming shortly. :slight_smile:

You can still use the legacy channel if you wish. The link is available here: https://www.tablotv.com/tablo-products/#tablo-apps

xxx ccc xx cc

1 Like

But I still cant load my recordings from this interface. My roku loads forever. That explains why my old channel would not work last night. Boy was I mad. Could not watch a thing. At least I can go back reload the old channel.

Jim

1 Like

@JIMA - Sorry about that. By the time we got the notice I was asleep so it was a bit of a surprise for us this morning to have to get all of the pieces arranged to let everyone know. Haven’t even had breakfast yet!

I can appreciate your position. I am so happy that we can go back and reload the legacy version. I have already added it to my Roku account. I seem to be the only one who is having the forever circle when I try to retrieve my recordings. Is it possible there is something wrong with my hard drive? It works from my phone and from the legacy channel.

Jim

@JIMA - Some people are seeing this. There is a fix in our current beta firmware for that. If you’d like to try it, just shoot support a note and they’ll hook you up.

Forgot to mention that the beta version that I loaded up last night did not help. Doubled checked and Tablo is at 2.2.7. Gave it overnight and still no go. I let it hunt for recordings for over 45 minutes this morning with no change.

Jim

@JIMA - Sorry to hear that. Please do touch base with support again so we can help you get this fixed.

I sent them a reply from the email they sent me first thing this morning.

Jim

Also let them know that I left my Tablo in remote access status if they need to check it.

1 Like

Will the preview channel remain beta for future builds or should all preview users just public channel?

1 Like

It will not remain a beta for future builds. It will be removed after about 30 days. We’ll be maintaining a separate beta channel.

2 Likes

Thank you. You guys are doing awesome

This morning I opened the Tablo preview channel that I’ve been using for a while and I got notified that I need to upgrade it. I have 2 buttons: Upgrade and Later. Clicking Upgrade does nothing. It just stays on the same screen.

How can I manually upgrade?

xxx ccc xx cc

I can’t connect to my Tablo with the new channel. I tried removing the Tablo channel and reinstalling but this did not help. I loaded the legacy channel and that does allow me to connect to the Tablo.

I have an original Roku 3 (not the newer model). The Tablo device revision is 2.2.6. HTML application says 1.0.23-576/3000260.

What do I need to do to get the new channel to work?

Now I can’t select certain channels because the cursor jumps past rows / columns as if I have double clicked when I have not. So my Tablo is preventing me from watching TV! I have submitted a support ticket.

Will the Tablo Preview Beta channel remain, or will the beta version get a new name?