NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.38

My sentiments exactly!
One day I have all my cover art and the next day 30-40% of it disappears!!
This just occurred within the last two days.
This new update still isn’t addressing this problem!
It’s getting beyond ridiculous already that this problem is taking forever (or longer) to resolve!
The same exact provider supplies the cover art to numerous other outlets and there are no problems whatsoever elsewhere (and no need for perpetual excuses, either)!
Yet, whenever I’ve called (after waiting far too long to connect), it’s always the same nonsense.
“It’s the provider and we’re working on it”.
They always pass the buck and there seems to be only two speeds when it comes to “working in it”. Slow and stop!
To be more specific, I’m referring to the cover art that’s supposed to be provided for recorded shows. I thought that the problem was resolved (finally) and then after the next overnight connection, a substantial amount of my cover art was replaced with only titles!
This continues to be neglected (among other problems that remain on the “back burner” indefinitely)!
How much longer should it take to truly resolve this? Should it be in terms of years??

What made you think this firmware release has anything to do with the cover art situation? It’s to address a very specific bug and has nothing at all to do with the cover art situation.

This hotfix update is to correct a few small bugs we’ve discovered recently

the most critical of which can cause a subset of Tablo OTA DVRs to go offline should a server outage occur at Tablo HQ.

So it appears to have more then the DVR’s going offline fix. Maybe some would like their small bugs to also be fixed.

Sure, but the firmware side of the cover art fix was in the 2.2.36 firmware so it wouldn’t be in the 2.2.38 firmware.

The remaining portion of the cover art fix is the guide data, not anything in the Tablo firmware.

2.2.36 had the fix for “Fix for cover art aspect ratio issue”

That is a different problem then the disappearing cover art. That seems to come and go. But since I haven’t been recording tons of different shows I don’t see it very often anymore.

Fair point.

The 2.2.36 release notes also had this…

So if they are indeed still missing guide data and are on at least the 2.2.36 firmware, sounds like they should be opening up a ticket about it.

Performed the update. Now I am 350 miles away and remote access is disabled.

@VideoWizard How soon after initiating the upgrade did you try to connect? Sometimes if you try too soon and the Tablo is still processing or rebooting it won’t be available.

It’s been several days. How long should I have to wait? :-). I was on vacation in central US. Box located in one of my houses in Southern California. I have since returned home to Northern California and still can’t access. I guess I’ll have to wait until I can return to SoCal in a couple of weeks to fix it.

Does this correct the No Storage Found bug I’ve been having since the last update? Tablo just craps out and doesn’t recognize the installed HD. I have to reboot the Tablo when it fails, whats worse is I work on the road alot so when I’m on the road I miss weeks of my shows. I have removed the HD and ran a battery of test software on it from both my personal laptop and my work laptop, HD is 100% working.

This should be resolved over the next month or so based on the changes we implemented in .36.

As mentioned previously, brand new programs should all have the correct aspect ratio images as they premiere.

As guide data for previously aired programs returning this fall becomes available, images will also be updated with the correct aspect ratios.

Programs not airing again until later next year (like This Is Us) will be updated soon as the Tablo looks for ‘new’ images for each series which happens every 100 days.

Each TV series is on a different ‘100 day’ schedule depending on when your Tablo was first set up, and when the series began airing.

I’ve been having the same issue with failed recordings, ho HD found. Support is of no help. They told me twice in the last year that my HD was bad. I replaced it and still have problems. Both HDs test perfect. I am seriously looking for other options for OTA DVR.

Did you also replace the HDD cable when the HDD was replaced?

In just the last 2 weeks the following have occurred:

1. On my Samsung TV, the app refused to connect but on my NVIDIA Shield equipped TV it was fine.
    I rebooted the Tablo and all SEEMED fine.
  2. On both the Samsung/NVIDIA Shield, on the local network news, the small progress display images were not available even 2 hours after the show.
    I rebooted the Tablo and that fixed it for a day.
  3. Now the Samsung TV does not connect again but the NVIDIA shield works but some shows are not recorded and the progress display images are gone again.

For whatever it’s worth I’ve read the various complaints and issues.

I can only assume that many are local network and/or streaming device issues because the performance of my Tablo Quad has been absolutely flawless. The only times I have encountered any problems it has been network problems that have been easily fixed with a router, modem and device reboot which I do as a routine network maintenance practice.

If some of the things mentioned here on my network happened and i didn’t notice them, they seem to have resolved themselves during channel search updates and saves which I do often as a simple practice to keep network appliances (security system, streaming devices, energy monitoring devices, router, modem, etc.) in general supplied with current data and to clear trash from caches.

Rebooting devices and clearing caches is always a good first step to troubleshooting any network problem and keeping a network clean and free of resource conflicts.

Bottom line is that I have noticed none of the issues reported here (some I may not care about and haven’t noticed if they had nothing to do with reception of programing) and the overall performance of my Tablo Quad to view television programs and the information regarding programming has been simply outstanding.

Hope this advice helps some of these problems go away

I just updated both of my units (they were on the beta releases), and both after the reboot indicated “no storage”. I had to remove power from both units & hard drives and reboot them to get the storage back. Everything is working now (no detectable issues).

It can take a few minutes after updating for the storage to be re-mounted. Next time around just wait a bit and a reboot won’t be required.

1 Like

If you routinely reboot to fix, instead of trouble shooting to eliminate, are you actually fixing something?

Routine maintenance vs a stable system, 3rd party firmware on my router easily goes over 2wks without issue. I have no “regular” timing for tablo reboots – have no issues with them. My Linux based HTPC suspends nightly but has uptime for a couple weeks — without issues.

Rebooting so you feel good about things may be great, rebooting, believing it fixes “things” may be misleading.

I only reboot as a last resort. My router maybe 2 or 3 times a year. And that’s always because my laptop decides to stop connecting to it. Tablo, hmmmmm, haven’t rebooted it since I moved it from one end of the basement to the other over 2 years ago. Oh wait we did have a power failure about a year ago so of course everything was rebooted then.

1 Like

Good fix, don’t have to hit reset button as often…