NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

There are plenty of us running 2.2.28 with no issue, in fact some of us helped test it.

Maybe open another ticket with support so they can try to gather specifics and help you rather than name calling.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t know what that means. Is that the non-ā€œPreviewā€ version of the Firestick App? If I donā€™t hear from Tablo Support in a couple of days, Iā€™ll try to figure out what that means.

Iā€™m interested to know if the Preview version of the Fire stick application just doesnā€™t have support for upgrading (i.e. is deficient in functionality / software shortcoming), or if there is actually something wrong with my Quad, and/or account. If either of the latter two scenarios, I donā€™t really want to mess with upgrading the firmware until support has looked into it and given a green light.

Thanks.

By web interface I mean open the Chrome browser on your home PC and go to my.tablotv.com

1 Like

On any/all app or device?

good question !
Chromium on Linux : Broke
Firefox on Linux : Works
Yup, and I would have thought just the oppositeā€¦

You forgot the magnifying glass in the forum :poop:

Linux itself is not an OS

I know on Chrome on Linux I had to clear all the app data (the SQL db manged by Tablo) and have it do the full resync, etcā€¦ Otherwise, it was ā€œconfusedā€.

SInce I did the update, Iā€™ve had difficulties connecting to my Tablo. Anyone else experiencing this? Iā€™m connected via WiFi. Both on my PC, or Roku. Sometimes a simple reboot fixes it but today I had to do a power off/on before it would find the unit.

I turn off the WiFi overnight so I need to reconnect in the morning. Have not had an issue until the upgrade.

When I listen to live TV, it errors out with a sync error. It hasnā€™t happened yet on a recording but 2.2.28 has only been running for 2 days. I can reconnect with no problem but then I get a sync error after about 20 minutes.

I have having disconnect issues also, and my roku,PC abd tablet cannot find the Tablo after upgrading, it somethings works after a reboot, worked for a while when I switched from ethernet wireless, but no more. I am going to try and factory reset and see if that helps but will lose all my recordings. It has worked great for the past 3yrs until now.

What exactly does the error message say?

If anyone else is having connectivity issues after updating, there should be no need for a factory reset.

Instead, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

Not sure whatā€™s happening in your case as most folks leave their WiFi on overnight.

Is it possible to connect via Ethernet for a couple of days to see if your experience changes? If not, we could try to see if thereā€™s something in your Tabloā€™s logs pointing to what youā€™re seeing.

Me too, my.tablotc.com cannot find the Tablo and asks to rescan. If reboot the Tablo it is fine for awhile. Interesting, if I leave the browser open on Tablo (assuming it found it) it will work. If I close the browser it will not find it anymore. have tried a couple of different computers. Definitely an issue only after upgrading to 2.2.28

Not really ā€¦ my router is down a floor in my bedroom (thatā€™s why I turn it off overnight). The
antenna comes in on the 3rd floor which is where the TV, Roku etc. are. I donā€™t have a cable that long. btw ā€¦ Itā€™s been fine for the past few days. So far powering off the Tablo and turning it back on and resyncing has fixed it.

I may try that eventually, but very frustrating that the update may force people to "upgradeā€™ if the units are bricked. Hopefully, the reset via power cord will work for me in the morning and I did not lose any shows from recording.

[quote=ā€œajdugasjr, post:97, topic:22819ā€]
but very frustrating that the update may force people to "upgradstrong texstrong textteā€™ if the units are bricked.
[/quot]

You believe this is a conspiracy? To brick units, forcing users to upgradeā€¦

after upgrading the firmware tonight, the Tablo will not connect to my home network. I use a wired connection and it just will not communicate with my router. For the last 3 months, my Tablo was 100% awesome and never dropped connection or buffered. Tonight after the update, it started with buffering issues and then transitioned to network connectivity. Very frustrating.

Now Iā€™m bricked. Did update over and hour later nothing still blinking blue. Great

@ghaydu Iā€™m sure the situation isnā€™t quite that dire. Drop a note to support and weā€™ll get you fixed up: www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo/

Yup did that also waiting