NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.26

This. If you have already watched the show using commercial skip and just want to show specific parts, just use the visual guide showing the commercials to make sure you don’t stop there. Expecting a solution to account for every outlier use scenario seems to be close to blind attack of Tablo.

2 Likes

This is an open beta. You appear really angry. If you don’t want to participate they can let you know when it’s out of beta. Your feedback is welcome. Just take a breath or two.

2 Likes

Most of these arguments are red herrings. And if the commercial skip flag is a global server setting and not a video player setting, turning it on/off would potentially impact any recording underway or about to start.

If he wants an implementation closer to his, he would go the Plex route.

And if they were going to be enhance their initial implementation I would vote for not only the global setting but a recording specific setting. This allows the user to turn on commercial skip but turn off commercial skip for specific recordings - or the reverse.

1 Like

There’s a HUGE difference between:

a) processing the show for commercial skip marking, and
b) watching the show using those markers

Those are two completely independent items.

No one ever, not once, said “you have to turn off the feature completely”. Not sure where that came from.

1 Like

I hear the rollout is done on a random list of MAC addresses.
And that if you’re really nice to @TabloTV you can get put on the list manually.
That special list is called Random MACs of Kindness…

ducks

:smiley:

3 Likes

Well we know who’s not getting on that list :wink:

hahahaha

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I would love to be able to accept bribes for firmware upgrades, but I would also like to keep my job.

That being said, we’ve just released 2.2.26 to another cohort.

2 Likes

Interesting…
The web app didn’t show the update being available, but the Roku client did.
Updating now.
And… @TabloTV… I’ll have those cookies delivered as soon as they’re out of the oven… :laughing:

Still do not have it :cry:

EDIT: Just showed up!

Ok, question…
After the update, the Roku client has the ability to enable/disable commercial skip, but I do not see that option on either the web app or the iOS app on my iPad.
Normal?

Yes.

Fantastic, one of the best quotes from one of the best movies (and books) ever.

Ooh - what kind?

They’d better not have coconut. :nauseated_face:

I don’t do coconut. Eating shredded coconut is like eating a toothbrush.

I was going to say beach-flavoured skin flakes.

1 Like

Sadly, it seems to be a standard feature of every discussion forum that there’s at least one member who cannot, or will not, express their opinion nicely. They also believe their opinion is the only true one, when opinions are not true or false, facts are. This, when combined with the first attribute makes them come off as arrogant and rude, the definition of a keyboard thumb thug.

I might use that at some point in the future.
Meanwhile… anything special you want us to do? Or just record as normal and let the system learn?

To be fair, I borrowed that line from an excellent fiction podcast called King Falls AM.

And yes, just sit back and enjoy the lack of commercial skips.

If you see anything particularly weird, please do let us know but we’ll be making tweaks in the background as more data comes in for us to sort through.

Paid add-on may come for Automatic Commercial Skip?

Is this happening? Hope not as I just bought Tablo QUAD OTA DVR with the idea that Commercial Skip would be included free as part of updates. I understand that a business has to profit and there are server infrastructure costs. Please truly consider your customer costs. An opt out of this option with my subscription would question my loyalty similar to way I am in the process of cancelling Big Cable with their increases. I believe the return to having this free would generate more customers for you in the long run than some looking to sign up and seeing add-on costs. This is a great feature if free!

1 Like

No one has ever said commercial skip would be free when it is officially released so I’m not sure why you assumed it would be. The only official comment by Tablo is they are researching infrastructure cost. It’s cost free during this open beta but that’s all that has ever been mentioned.

1 Like