NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.26

I have multiple units and would be happy to pay a lifetime subscription fee if I could get the feature to only apply commercial skip to the 20% of the recordings I want processed.

Processing the other 80% is a total waste. I’ve considered trying to group that 20% on one server but OTA programming is so weak during summer I usually turn units off June, July, and August.

Just looked at the first recording I did since commercial skip was enabled. It seems to have worked well.

I noticed though, that in looking at Recent recordings, everything has the yellow checkmark and says “Commercial Skip is available”. Those recordings are from before I got the 2.2.26 upgrade and obviously don’t have commercial skip if commercial skip is only available on recordings made AFTER it was enabled. So is every recording going to have that label even if commercial skip isn’t available on that particular recording?

:grinning: I have to option to Update Tablo Device, but I don’t use the any of the devices necessary to support commercial skip (not a priority)

I’ll aks TabloSupport to transfer my update option right now for some chocolate chip peanutbutter cookies! :cookie:

“chocolate chip peanutbutter cookies”

Is that a secret code phrase?

I think I’ve decoded it. I’ll check to see if Lucky, the neighbors dog, has made a visit to my front yard. If so where do I mail your chocolate chip peanutbutter cookies.

Still waiting for this!

I was also forsaken ;( Maybe next round.

Agreed, I’m not exactly sure what price I would pay yet. I need to get a feel for the how well it works. It’s likely I would buy a lifetime subscription if it was offered and reasonably priced. It’s also likely I would pay to have at least some of my already recorded shows processed if that service were made available at a reasonable price.

One thing however. In order for me to pay for commercial skip the commercial free playlists generated during my subscription would have to remain available on those recordings. If I cancelled at some point or if they discontinued the service that data should remain usable. The playlist once generated resides on the Tablos harddrive and we should be able to use it.

@TabloTV

1.Why is the option to activate/deactivate commercial skip not available in the web interface?

1. I turned it off in one Apple TV. But when waking another Apple TV it asked if I wanted the feature enabled or turned on later. Why does this happen? Is this not a universal on/off switch for all devices on my network?

It is a global setting, so it is either off or on for each Tablo. My assumption about the setting not showing up in non-commercial skip apps (like web and mobile) is to not confuse the user into thinking commercial skip works on those apps.

Thanks. I did not understand that it was only working on certain devices. I decided not to mess with it now while it’s in beta. I find using my Siri voice remote lets me get through commercials quickly with zero error, since I am the decider.

I think at this point it’s only visible in the ‘leanback’ apps, which would be Roku, Tablo PREVIEW (for Amazon Fire TV & Android TV) and Apple TV.

1 Like

You should only see that once… It will show on your device after the upgrade to 2.2.26.

I saw it twice…on two different Apple TVs.

Yeah - it’s a bit odd that you did see it on two different devices but what I meant was you shouldn’t see that same message again in the future.

What device are you seeing this on?

Thi[quote=“TabloTV, post:95, topic:18692”]

What device are you seeing this on?
[/quote]
This is on a Roku Ultra
** UPDATE** I just checked this out more thoroughly.
It only shows that mark when displaying Recent recordings. If I go to All or any of the others it doesn’t show.
Under Recent it shows on everything. Back to April 14th and that one is a PBS recording.

**UPDATE #2 **
I go to Recordings… ALL… thumbnails do not have any indicator (as I believe these are folders and not Episodes). Select any of them and then select Episodes. All episodes show the checkmark and if I click on one it says “Commercial Skip is Ready” under the picture of the show in that info screen.

Recordings… RECENT… is showing me shows so all of those have the checkmark.

Weird… Can you snap a picture and send it our way? Not seeing this on our end.

Also, do those older recordings actually HAVE commercial skip? Or just the flag?

Just the flag. I opened the PBS show and there is no indication on the timeline that there is any commercial skip actually available

Tx for that detail. Are non-PBS older shows flagged but not processed as well?

I’m guessing it has something funky to do with the fact you’re running a QUAD that came with 2.2.25 firmware.

I messaged you the pictures. Picture names should tell what they are

Every recording we have is flagged. The ones from before yesterday when I got the 2.2.26 update and enabled commercial skip are flagged but not processed. ALL of them. I only specifically mentioned the PBS show because I thought that got filtered at Tablo level so it wouldn’t be submitted.
And maybe it wasn’t submitted and this is just an error on the server side doing the list processing.

Really? peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips! no secret just delicious cookies