NEW - Tablo Firmware Release - 2.2.18

For the most part, the two channels broadcast the same content, but I don’t want to specify only one specific channel to record from, because sometimes older episodes broadcast on a completely different network. The Tablo needs to lean to make smarter decisions. That is, if a program is broadcast on two different channels, select the channel that offers the content in higher quality definition.

Before 2.2.18 I thought tablo made the decision based on the signal strength of the last scan. That’s a smart decision but maybe not perfect.

That is kind of a smart decision, but with HD, you either get a signal or no signal. Yeah, it can be intermittent, but it’s not like the analog days where you can get a lot of static, ghosting, and etc. If there were a station in which my signal was generally poor or intermittent, I’d just delete it from my lineup. Problem solved. I wish there were more user controls. The latest update is a good start, but from reading the treads, some features have been looooooooooooonnnggg awaited. Years in fact.

1 Like

an imperfect but has worked very well for me solution is to use a USB stick with chrome portable on it. pair the stick at home then use it wherever you want… has worked well for me