NEW - Tablo App for LG webOS 2.0 (and 3.0) Smart TVs

It wont finish syncing for me either LG65UH6030 running WebOS 3.0 (web OS ver 3.3.1.3610 and TV software version 04.30.40). Internal storage 0.29/0.62GB

Same exact thing happens to me. It worked for a few days perfectly, then it got stuck in an eternal syncing loop

I have had the same problem, the only way that I could get it to sync was to rest the tv to factory settings and reinstalling the Tablo app. Once I got to the synchronization I wiggled the remote so that the lg tv did not go into the screen saver. This was a pain in the butt and took like 20 min but it did complete and I have had no other problems.

Try just adding about 5 channels at a time, see if it works, add 5 more channels, see if it works…etc. I stopped adding channels in at 20 as it started to take a long time to sync.

Yes it took me 7 minutes to sync 20/720 and 25/480p chanells on 5 gig wifi on ipad

Terrible, horrible app. Support responded and suggested I reset the TV and reinstall the Tablo app, which I did. That fixed it for about a day, and now its back to slowness. It never finishes syncing, and navigation is painfully slow. I have to say, the implementation of Tablo in the LG TVs sucks. Its gonna force me to buy a Roku for the TV.

Have you tried cutting down the number of channels in your guide to see if that helps. You can always rescan and put them back in after another scan. Many have reported this and reducing the amount of channels in the guide has helped.

I’ll give it a shot and see. Thanks!

Well, I was unsuccessful in removing extra channels I did not want. I unchecked the unwanted ones and clicked on add to guide, since it was the only option that made sense, and a spinning circle began which never ended. I don’t believe the problem is the channels. It’s just an agonizingly slow app. Remote control response is super sluggish, with responses to my click on the remote occurring maybe 2-3 seconds after I click on the button. On the bright side, while I farted around with the channel guide, my recordings list was updated, which really is my main concern, since recordings I could see on other platforms would not show here. Anyway, I think the app needs to be streamlined and sped up.

I run all channels and and updates from my iPhone. I als set the iPhone to not go to sleep when I run a channel scan.

I am pretty much on wifi at my house when running a scan. I find the iPhone performs this task much better than say my iPad under the same circumstances.

I also make sure this done when noone is watching tv/using the Tablo when doing this.

It goes pretty quick and seems to resolve channel reception issues for me.

ABC is a bear in the philly market. Either get great scan and it’s perfect for a few days. Or it will crap out for no reason at all. So I do a channel scan once a week for abc reception.

I may just a vhf antenna and combine it with cv2 and see if that helps for me. But that is a project and research I just can’t do right now. If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Btw, my antenna is in my attic and may be going up on the roof when the solar panels go in.that may help with abc. I know those solar panels are kill the antenna signals…I dread going up on my roof. Very high and pitched. Not my comfort zone!

Let the channel scan run and complete. Make the number of channels in the 5-10 channels range and see what happens. Just give it time to do its thing.it might help…

@Canons900
That’s why I went with they eve mounted mast, less chance of falling.
Im replacing the pvc with a 10 ft aluminum fencing pole, this mounted on the mast will be much more stable when az monsoon hits.
The antenna will be 5 ft above roof height, HOA says you can go up to 8 ft above roof but must be eve mounted.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4k5J5q9TlGjWjY2UG1SbEZ3QmM

That may work. When I am ready to go that route I will consider this. My buddy’s going up, I am too chicken shit to go that high!

LG OLED65E6P WebOS 3.0
2 Tuner Tablo
Monster 128GB USB 3.0 SSD

Tablo app on LG gets stuck Syncing at 50%. The Tablo only has a few hours of programming recorded. No problems with Apple TV 4, Roku, or Chromecast. I have an extra Roku so I have deleted the ap from the LG.

Yea…I think I’ll end up getting an additional Roku in order to use Tablo on my living room TV. Its really a shame, since I would have wanted to use the Web OS app, but its just too slow. I did notice that channel lineup updates after I deleted certain channels thru the WebOS app did show up in the rest of my platforms, so obviously it worked, but strangely the WebOS app still shows the old channel lineup with the additional channels I removed from the guide still there. Go figure.

@TabloSupport
Is there any resolution on the lag issue on WebOS 3.0? It is so slow and unresponsive.

2.2.14 playback of recording keeps freezing for 8 to 10 seconds every 20 to 60 seconds. This is an issue with playback on an LG Web OS 3.0 TV. It doesnt freeze when playback on tablet or phone…however the playback is very jumpy on the tablet and phone. I did not initiate the update, my Tablo automatically updated. If you cannot address this issue can you put 2.2.10 back on my Tablo? That was my previous version and it worked great for me!

ICYMI - If you were having trouble with the previous version of the LG app, we pushed a new update yesterday which should make things significantly better: NEW - Update for LG webOS Smart TV app

1 Like

Just got a new LG OLED and thrilled that there’s a Tablo app for it! Works awesome!

1 Like

[cussword, cussword] THis popped up as “new” and I was super-excited.

It’s the same old app. :frowning: Once one used the Roku app, then this is terrible in it’s UI.

I find that a lot of apps for WebOs are “bad”, but some of that is because the performance of the TV infrastructure.

Roku FTW!