NEW - Tablo Add-On for KODI

1. Kodi does not run on a Roku.
  2. Kodi will run amazing on a Google Nexus Player, a $50 box when on sale.
1 Like

I just added Kodi to my Nexus player this morning to check it out, and it gives me yet another use for it. Of course, I had to add the Tablo channel (appears to be different from the Nuvyyo channel I already had on there), and as I have a NAS drive, I added my Music, Photos and Video directory. Itā€™s a really nice way to access the NAS, and as Kodi just runs on the Nexus player, I like it better than Plex, where I have to have the server running on my PC, and then access it via Roku. Nice having a standalone box to run it.

Donā€™t know yet how the Kodi Tablo channel compares to the Nuvyyo Tablo channel, and over time Iā€™ll compare them for performance, but as Tablo runs well on my Roku streaming sticks, I like the Roku platform a little better, as the video quality seems better to me.

Newson is on Route, NP, smartphones. CBSN is also. PlutoTV.

I already have 2 Kodi boxes and love them. If only there was an addon better than CanTVLive

I got the Tablo hoping I would be able to get more local channels but got nothing special. I will be returning it and buying a better antenna

I highly recommend you buy a Kodi box. Then you can stop paying for Netflix as all the shows/movies are on Kodi.

This is the last one I bought https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017VT41N4/ref=pe_386430_196350300_TE_dp_1 It took minutes to setup

Where?

Buy an Android player with Kodi already installed. I bought this one and it took minutes to setup https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017VT41N4/ref=pe_386430_196350300_TE_dp_1

Exodus is an amazing addon with an unimaginable list of TV shows and movies

Iā€™ve been using the Kodi Tablo add-on for a couple of days and it really looks like a good start.
The player itself is excellent. Playback quality is extremely good.
The UI needs work, though, unless Iā€™m doing something wrong. :confused:
Controls are inconsistent. A mouse for some, arrow keys for others, Esc key for others.
Is this just me? What am I missing?

What device are you running Kodi on? A device with a keyboard?

You know this is illegal, right? You are comparing legal options to illegal options, apples to oranges.

1 Like

Itā€™s apples to stolen oranges.

4 Likes

I agree. Funny how people complain when legal stuff they pay for doesnā€™t work as well as their illegal stuff that is free.

Kodi has a lot of great legal uses, one being Tablo. PleXBMC is another.

2 Likes

Kodi is running on Windows PC.

That may be the issue. I have a feeling the Tablo add-on was designed for a remote operated device such as Android TV box (Nexus Player or Fire TV).

It was indeed designed for leanback but if you have specific feedback on whatā€™s not working for you with the keyboard, we want to hear about it @MichaelWS Pop us a support ticket and we can see about getting the keyboard stuff more consistent. http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you. Iā€™ve sent a support request.

Briefly, weā€™re trying to use Tablo as a replacement for Windows Media Center. The web app is easy to use, but the player is not as robust to minor signal imperfections as weā€™d like. The Kodi add on (in Windows 10) has excellent playback quality, but the UI is a struggle.

The most prominent issue for me is that it doesnā€™t work like Kodi and it doesnā€™t work like the Tablo web app. Sometimes the mouse works, sometimes the keyboard is the only option, but during playback only the mouse will bring up the progress bar and controls but the -20 +30 options are missing. My wife just sits there with her mouth agape as I juggle the keyboard and the mouse to manage the transitions, all the while trying to figure out which is required at each step. (WAF is very low compared to WMC.)

Ideally, I would like the UI to emulate both the normal Kodi options and the Tablo web app, but one or the other would be an improvement.

I just installed my 4 tuner Tablo and using it with my Amazon Fire TVā€™s. Everything seems to be working ok when I use the Tablo app but I cannot get it to work using Kodi 16.0 on any of them. Before posting, I tried it on my pc in Kodi and same results. It loads but will not install the guide for live tv. Is this where I should turn for help? If not and you can direct me to the right area, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Iā€™ve tried the tablo app on Kodi on my NVidia shield tv. I like it. Thanks for making it available.

The only issue I have is that it takes a long time to load the tiles/thumbnails on the recordings screen, and that whenever you switch back to that screen, all the tiles need to reload. For example, if you click on a tile, then delete the episode, and go back to the recordings page, you have to wait for the tiles to reload again. I canā€™t remember exactly, but I think it takes about 10 or more seconds for the tiles to reload. It feels like an eternity. Especially if you want to go back and forth to look at or delete episodes.

I donā€™t mind waiting for the tiles to load once, but can they be saved so that they do not take so long to reload?

Otherwise, its a great first version. I can envision an improved version being amazing.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue as you posted earlier. Did you ever get a resolution to your issues?

I can locate a download of Kodi for my computer, but is there a way to download Kodi onto my Amazon Fire TV device? If so how? Where?