NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

Downloaded the app but with the holidays, have not had time to set up server. Next on my list for this grand Tablo experiment.

Fast Live TV Setup is toggled on. Are you hinting that Roku may perform better if this is not checked?

Strangely enough… yes.

Well, if it’s “YEARS” we are talking about, Phil, I have been designing, building, and debugging real-time systems for 44 years, and trust my education, experience, and gut a hell of a lot more than your senseless, convoluted non sequitors and opinions. Maybe your “YEARS” of facing Roku reboots convinced you “YEARS” ago that all such issues arise from Roku and that Tablo had no role in these matters, but I am utterly and totally convinced you continue to miss the essential point. Tablo thankfully has taken an active role (something you actually argued against) and is systematically solving their software problems, whether yoy see / admit it or not. Your most recent dismissals, especially in light of 2.2.6 thru 2.2.8. releases by Tablo, and the resulting reports and reactions from users, seem so entirely oblivious to what is happening here.

1 Like

So I was basically fine on 2.2.6 using Roku3 (only an occasional LPW but show started pretty quick (set to 720P 3Mbps).
Today friday I received my Tablo update to 2.2.8 and it virtually unusable now for me! So frustrating to me that every other update messes me up.
When others are fine mine has issues, when they fix their issues then mine is no longer fine. I am almost about to give up on the ROKU.
Now, do you think newer shows won’t have issues? BUT a lot of good that does me anyway, I still have about 1.2 TB to still watch.

So just to let @TabloTV know, the fix made my ROKU3 broken again after 2.2.6 had fixed it.
Thanks for listening.
Don

@willharwell I have the same issue!
Since the 2.2.8 update it buffers for almost 60 seconds just to start playing any recorded show. And if I f/f passed a certain amount, it has to buffer all over again.
I really hope there is a fix to 2.2.8 soon! ( or a way to go back to 2.2.6 at least)
Thanks

Wish I could just get my update. Missing recordings. I sent a support request to Tablo several days ago asking for the update ASAP. STill no response. Still no update.

1 Like

xxx ccc xxxxx

1 Like

cjcox already answered…but I can confirm that for many Roku users, the Fast Live TV Startup should NOT be selected. Around the time of 2.1.16, Tablo had made some adjustments to the initial HLS segment lengths that enabled the stream to start sooner…but caused LPW issues for some Rokus. In the next update, they added that toggle so that those with issues could disable it.

1 Like

Phil,

Personal attacks like the above just make you look snarky and unble to technically defend your position.

And maybe my “abilities got passed by tech”, whatever the hell that means.

xxx ccc xxxxx

1 Like

I too sent support request on Tuesday, on Wednesday received email about upcoming release by Friday, and now it is Saturday, and nothing. Perhaps someone can recommend a box that does work with tablo, otherwise the next thing is back to satellite, and Amazon to sell tablo. (Happy Wife, Happy Life)

I ask you again Phil to stop your snarky and personal attack. It disrespects this forum’s purpose, other readers, and me.

4 Likes

xxx ccc xxxxx

He won’t stop and Tablo won’t stop him. He is either a troll or has no self-awareness.

2 Likes

xxx ccccc xxx

It’s an observation. Two can play that game.

xxx ccc xxxxx

My post was meant to give support to @RetiredEngineer, who you made a personal attack against.

1 Like

xxx cccc xxxxx

1 Like