NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

Are we done arguing yet?

3 Likes

Soā€¦ youā€™re completely brokeā€¦ since you work for free?

The fact that they are working with Roku to find a solutionā€¦ should have been your opening response.

@TabloTV Are you sending out the remaining 2.2.8ā€™s today?

I expressed my (Iā€™m)patient excitement 8 days ago when you announced itā€™s releaseā€¦ I sent in a support ticket on Monday morning, requesting to have it sent to meā€¦ I even got a confirmation email that it had been receivedā€¦

Because of the ā€œtips for supportā€ post, I have not sent a follow up so I wouldnā€™t get pushed to the back of the Qā€¦ And now, 8 days after the announcement, checking my tablo several times a day thinking ā€œIt should be here any momentā€ā€¦

And nearly 5 full business days after sending in a support ticket and getting NO responseā€¦ I am losing hope that I will even get it todayā€¦ Is there anything you can tell me(us)?

I was one of the people who submitted support tickets with long loading times, delays etcā€¦ And thus find it especially frustrating that since I am on record as someone who this update should/could help, that I would be among the last (apparently) to receive the updateā€¦

And for the recordā€¦ my frustration isnā€™t that even that I had to waitā€¦ If I knew clearly ā€œYour firmware will be sent on Christmas dayā€ I would say ā€œokā€¦ well at least I knowā€ā€¦ my frustration is the not knowing still 8 days after being told ā€œthe fix is being released todayā€ā€¦ And also, that in 5 days no one has acknowledged my support ticket requestā€¦ even if just to say ā€œSorry, but we canā€™t push firmware to youā€¦ā€ for whatever that reason may beā€¦ ā€œuntilā€ XYZ is trueā€¦

Are we still on schedule for 2.2.8 to be rolled out to everyone by Friday?

The firmware update is still in progress, but if you send us a ticket we can add you to the priority list and have you added.

@jcraftatl Thatā€™s very odd! My apologies for the delay. I unfortunately donā€™t have a ticket on file for you (weā€™re investigating this) but Iā€™ve found your Tablo and have sent the upgrade to it.

1 Like

@TabloSupport - Thanks for the quick replyā€¦ Not heard back was very out of character from past experiences, which had been fairly prompt and very friendlyā€¦ It seemed odd, but I didnā€™t want to risk getting put to the back of the Q eitherā€¦

I DID get an automated ā€œ[request received]ā€ reply confirmation dated Monday at 10:21 AM. Not sure why it wouldnā€™t be in your system thoughā€¦ And then I got the ā€œTablo Updateā€ mass newsletter on Wednesday. But never got any replyā€¦

I will look for the update. Thank you for your quick action. I greatly appreciated itā€¦

Sure hope I get this release soon. Iā€™ve been missing recordings and having buffering issues ever since 2.2.6. Havenā€™t had any significant issues prior to that.

Please push it out as soon as possible. Iā€™ve had to resort to purchasing episodes off Amazon that Iā€™ve missed.

Well @philsoft the server must be relevant. Otherwise why would tablo support instruct roku users that to fix various problems/issues they need to reboot the roku, tablo server, AND the LAN router. And in a specific order.

The next time your roku barfs when accessing netflix call up netflix support and indicate that to fix your roku problem they need to reboot their server and router.

xxx ccc xxxxx

I have not had the rebooting issue but am curious about something. Have there been any reports of this issue occurring with other streaming devices? My primary box is the Shield tv and I have never had a problem to this point. If it is only the aroma that is rebooting, etc shouldnā€™t that narrow it down a bit?

This rebooting only happens with Roku. I experienced it relatively frequently back when I used Roku, sometimes multiple times per night.

Approaching 5pmā€¦ @TabloTV @TabloSupport is this update being pushed to everyone today like you said?

2 Likes

Still Waiting Here

1 Like

Still waiting here too.

1 Like

Hopes dashed - upgraded to 2.2.8, reset all devices, and LPW still out to drive me nuts. Wifeā€™s directive - go back to cable. Until forced to go that route, will return to using IOS that continues to work well with no hint of LPW. Getting impatient for the Apple TV app as using AirPlay is not ideal. Roku is no longer being used as Tablo platform but need it for Sling TV.

1 Like

Have you tried the Tablo channel offered through Plex on the Atv?

Just updated from 2.2.6 (no issues experienced, but Roku app was slow) to 2.2.8 through the Android app (also got an update today). So far itā€™s working well and I havenā€™t seen any issues. In fact the Roku app is noticeably faster now.

Iā€™m using a Roku 3 (v7.0 firmware) which is hard-wired through a gigabit Ethernet connection.

I hope get the update in this batch!
Why it can not be a update available for all at the same time?
2.2.6 + Roku 3 = freeze+reboots+pain.

To those that are still having LPW issuesā€¦have you disabled ā€œfast Live TV startupā€? Itā€™s been quite a while (2.1.18ish?)ā€¦but the fast TV startup toggle was added due to some issues with Roku LPWs for some (but not all) users. I havenā€™t seen many people toggling that as a trouble-shooting step.

11:14pm EST on Nov 27 and still no update to 2.2.8 here either. Hmmmā€¦

ā€¦

1 Like