NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

I know it says that when the update is available, it will show up on the Android app and other places. But where specifically do I find it? Is it under settings or where? Just wondering where I should be looking from time to time till it shows up.

The update message will be a full screen pop-up telling you there is an update available with the option to update now or update later.
You wonā€™t miss itā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™ll be releasing more update spaces today. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œbeastman, post:60, topic:4809, full:trueā€]
I can no longer watch a channel and have it stay playing until channel changed. I used to be able to as long as it was not being recorded.[/quote]

Are you using the ā€œRokuā€ when this is happening?

If using the Roku, the operation depends on which button you use to access the channelā€¦

Two different buttons, two different outcomesā€¦

Go into the live TV guide / grid. Highlight the show / channel you wish to view.

If you click ā€œOKā€ and then click ā€œwatchā€ after the info screen comes up, it will only show the one episode and return.

However, if you press the PLAY button, it will tune to that channel and continue to play until you hit the back button to exit.

1 Like

Behaves the same on Nexus Player. I need to pay attention to how I select the station.

OK, question for those that have upgraded, especially those that have been having trouble with the Tablo.

I recently factory reset my unit and upgraded to 2.2.7 and after being one of the few with all the major issues, for the first time in almost a year my unit is now operating smoothly, with virtually no problems.

So, I am wondering if 2.2.8 is worth upgrading to at this time, or is it possible it will break the things that the 2.2.7 fixed for me? Kind of concerned that it might be too soon to make the leap.

I had a note on the settings page to ā€œUpdate Tabloā€ and was running 2.2.7 beta 4 for about a week. I believe the update gave me 2.2.8 RC2. I just did that earlier today, and havenā€™t had too much use yet, just part of a show, but still LPW and backtrack of what was playing by 10 seconds happened twice, once when starting the show and once after a FF. Both LPWā€™s were very quick (sub 1 second), quickest Iā€™ve seen but the more frustrating aspect is having to rewatch the last 10 seconds again!

I am having all kinds of issues with trying to get the Nexus to work with my 2 Roku 3s and 1 Roku stick. I can never get all the guide or my recordings with the Nexus. I didnā€™t have any issues on my phone, but now that is acting all weird and not showing everything. The Roku seems to be more stable, but the reboots are killing me. I am reluctant to do a factory reset. We still have a ton of recorded show that I do not want to lose. Although, I may have to bite the bullet and lose everything if it will fix my system. All the issues are starting to affect the household. It shouldnā€™t be this difficult. I see that each streaming device really should work like dummy terminal, so I am amazed that one platform doesnā€™t sync up like another. That is another issue I seem to be havingā€¦I get errors that say unsuccessful while syncing. I find myself restarting the tablo more and more lately just trying to get all streaming devices to show the same guide and all the recorded shows that are available.

I love the concept and I am tying to be very patient. There really isnā€™t anything else out there that provide this flexibility to compete with cable and satellite. I really think this can be a great product. I understand that not all issues are Tablo related. I wish I knew what Roku was doing to fix their issues. It seems to have all the options that I am looking for. I am disappointed in the Nexus. I purchased it after all the post on how great a product it is, but I still canā€™t get the Tablo to show all my recordings or show all my channel guide. It also lacks in essential apps that I use on the Roku like watchESPN, Vudu and Amazon Prime to name a fewā€¦which is funny since the Nexus player is an android player and I can get these apps on my Note 4.

Sorry. I didnā€™t mean to go off on a tangent. Itā€™s been a very stressful and unproductive weekend trying to get all my streaming devices to work to my families satisfaction. And I am still not there. I do have the latest update of 2.2.8 and version 24 for the Nexus app and version 7 os for all the Rokus and Marshmallow for the Nexus.

@Scott_Gaboury - If you havenā€™t already touched base with support, please do so. Youā€™re right - it shouldnā€™t be hard which means something fishy is happening.

1 Like

I have opened a ticket.

I did the upgrade to 2.2.8. I have the same issues, maybe a bit worse, that I had with 2.2.7 release 4. LPW with 10 second replay, then after a few of those, the whole system freezes. Tonight when I tried to go back to the Tablo, I got a message saying ā€œlast known device failed to connect.ā€ I had to manually reboot Tablo and Roku (3 wired). Iā€™m getting very, very tired of this. I just want to watch TV.

@tablosupport I will put my Tablo in heartbeat mode before I leave for work in the a. m. Please reset my unit to 2.2.7 release 3. At least I could watch that one.

I JUST noticed a post that said the 2.2.8 update only fixes new recordings. That may be my issue. Everything in watching was recorded prior to the last week or so. What do you think Tablo?

If you are not experiencing any issues Iā€™d stick with 2.2.7 for as long as you can.

I had no issues with 2.2.6 until Roku OS7 on my Roku 3.

After that update, I got a LPW at least once per show.

With 2.2.8 update today, I got LPW on every show and a freeze and Roku reboot after FFW once.

Both Roku and Tablo are hard wired and I record at 720p-5Mbps.

That does not sound good for the update that is suppose to fix things on the Roku @forthwest.

@forthwest Your setup sounds exactly like mine. And Iā€™m having the same issues with 2.2.8. The difference is, I had lots of recordings that I couldnā€™t access on 2.2.6. I also have spontaneous freezes now, without FF or RW. Plus the LPW and 10 second repeats.

I have a Roku 4 that could not be more smooth on 2.2.8. Thus far I have not had a single issue on it or on my Shield tv. I wonder what the difference is with the Roku 3?

Iā€™m having the same issues others are having too and still havenā€™t received the update. Hope it gets here soon!

Still waiting for my 2.2.8 update as well. The intermittent Roku 3 issues seem to be happening more frequently over the last few days.

Iā€™m waiting too, really want the update. Donā€™t know why this is taking so long to push out.

yeap day 6, still no updateā€¦