NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

We’ve been taking things slowly and didn’t push any over the weekend. We’ll be releasing another larger batch today.

Good idea on the slow part, while we may still be having issues, rather have a solid update that has been tested. Hope you are fixing issues on the way as well.

@TabloTV, are you going to roll me back to 2.2.7 release 3? Waiting to hear. Thank you!

Are you willing to take the Roku wireless and try it?

Just received the email informing me of the new firmware. Does this mean the update is available on my particular tablo or are the two not linked, email vs random release?

They aren’t linked but we will be rolling out to everyone by Friday.

I suppose as a troubleshooting exercise I could. But, I’m not sure I will. :smirk:

Johnny: Captain, maybe we ought to turn on the search lights now.
MCCroskey : No, that’s just what they’ll be expecting us to do.

I really need that update to happen s well. Monday was the first time that the Tablo seemingly skipped the recording of three shows and then last night it missed one. I will assume they are there and I just can’t see or access them. The new update is supposed to fix that issue, so I really need it to come to my unit.

i would contact support, but I am rarely home when they are open so that avenue doesn’t help much.

I’ve had my Tablo for many months… and several releases. There are two very serious bugs that have not been addressed in any of the releases (this one included).

The first is the regular rebooting of the Roku during playback (almost always when fast forwarding… then clicking to select a playback point).

The primary reason for buying the Tablo was to watch football (the reason I kept cable for years and was able to dump it). A reboot often means not just the ‘down time’ for the Roku reboot (and possibly having to re-watch a lot of the game for not knowing exactly where you were) but there is no ‘Fast Fast Forward’ (like chapter select). So, if you’re near the end of the game… it can take over 3 minutes of fast forwarding to get back to where you were.

This bug happens, because at some point (around 90% of program length) the ‘resume’ option is eliminated. So, you have to know where you were, you have to do the long slow manual fast forward and this scenario can happen multiple times during a single game.

I really can’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed. Can you imagine the CEO of an airplane manufacturer… focusing on ‘in cabin entertainment’ (i.e. new ‘fluff’ features) when every plane they make… crashes on every flight?

I’ve been trying to get support to send my tablo 227.4. I finally got it today. The first thing I see is that I have several recordings that didn’t happen before. I also have several"ghost" recording icons for tv shows that aren’t there. I can’t delete them. I haven’t tested for please wait or reboots. I’m running Roku 3 and 4. I don’t see anyone else with this issue. I have requested 228, no response yet. I’m a little disappointed that it too so long for support to send 227.4, actually got it after 228 was released. Actually a little more than a little disappointed.

xxxccc

Yes. I also tried it with my tablet. I am now doing a factory reset. How much time do I need to put into this?
I’m doing a factory reset. Looks like that didn’t work either. Still going…Another factory reset starting now.

xxxccc

I’ve been using Roku since it first came out. I use it daily and more than any other media device. Considering that length of time and volume of use… I doubt this is correct.

Even if so, since it it specific to ‘one point’ in Tablo operation… it would be possible to change the Tablo code ‘at that one point’… until they find a scenario where the Tablo code ‘doesn’t hit’ the Roku ‘bug’… or at least can run hours per day for years (like all of the other channels I watch) without hitting ‘that bug’… instead of several times per game.

Maybe even 31 seconds. Please, lets keep this useful. I learned how to reboot in the 60’s, Kirk told Scotty to pull the plug. On Tablo you need to hold the button, Scotty would be impressed…
Now setting up a recording schedule for the ? time. So far so good, won’t know for a day or 2.

Since updating to 2.2.8 a few days ago recorded programs take much longer to load, sometimes as long as 60 seconds. Also, if I fast forward for more than a few frames it takes up to 45 seconds to resume playing.

1 Like

As @gle said: “I also have several"ghost” recording icons for tv shows that aren’t there. I can’t delete them."

I’ve had one of these events occur under the 2.2.2 firmware. A show appears under the recorded tab but it has no episodes. If there ever was a episode recorded and was orphaned it was never recovered. Even with the 2.2.6 firmware.

The only way to delete it was to hope that at some time in the future another episode can be recorded. Then it can be deleted.

I upgraded tonight from 2.27 where I was having no issues and now am having issues I haven’t had in many months. I’m getting the spinning wheel and buffering when in the middle of watching shows live or recordings. I’ve rebooted the tablo and fire tv but it still has more issues than last firmware

1 Like

[quote=“jim1513, post:100, topic:4809, full:true”]
I upgraded tonight from 2.27 where I was having no issues and now am having issues I haven’t had in many months. … I’ve rebooted the tablo and fire tv but it still has more issues than last firmware[/quote]

This is very disappointing, I thought all the problems were associated with Roku…now the 2.2.8 firmware screwed up the FireTV too :scream:

1 Like