NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

Hi folks -

A new firmware release is now available for Tablo which specifically addresses the issues users have been seeing as a result of 2.2.2 and 2.2.6 loads.

Like several previous releases, this firmware will be offered in a staged rollout. A small portion of users will have access to this firmware immediately. We will increase access slowly as we judge feedback.

Release notes for 2.2.8:

• Changes to network congestion control to reduce instances of “Loading Please Wait” and also improve playback start-up performance
• Query optimizations to speed up Roku channel
• Database optimizations added to nightly maintenance
• Other minor optimizations and improvements

NOTE - Post-upgrade database processes (if needed) may take up to 40 minutes to complete. During this time the LED will be blinking. Do not power down the Tablo until the LED is solid again.

You may also need to resync your devices after the update has installed. You can do this by disconnecting and reconnecting to the Tablo app.

For tips and tricks on successful firmware updates head over to the Knowledge Base.

If you have any feedback or questions about this release, please post them below. If you need support assistance, place a ticket and we’ll be in touch.

Thanks everyone for your patience as we’ve worked through these issues. Your continued support means a lot to us.

8 Likes

@TabloTV
Is Tablo Firmware v2.2.8 the same as v2.2.7 Beta #4?
If it is different, I suggest beta users get it first.

@Radojevic It’s the same. Overall feedback seemed to be positive and it fixes one of the major issues which was the missed recordings. We want to make sure the R gets put back into the DVR and this load makes sure of that.

Good deal. lol

This has fixed my Roku 4 issues and everything loads faster. Very nice :wink:

3 Likes

Beta 4 worked great for me as well. I am glad to have the R back in my DVR.

Jim

2.2.6 is working well within current parameters. I’m reluctant to make changes unless significant improvement is assured. Your suggestions?

PS. Replaced Chromecast with Nexus player and overall performance has been much improved.

1 Like

@TabloTV In the words of Salt N Peppa - “Ah! PUSH IT!”…

(im)Patiently waiting for my update notification, with excitement…

“Is it there Yet? Is it there Yet? Is it there Yet?”

:slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hearing the issues with 2.2.6, I’ve delayed upgrading. Will I be offered the chance to upgrade to 2.2.8 on its own or will I have to step to 2.2.6 and then 2.2.8?

2 Likes

I just got 2.2.7 beta 4 loaded earlier today.

On Roku:
–Entering app and seeing recordings screen is about 3-4 seconds, vs. 15-25 seconds with 2.2.6
–FF has not caused any weird hangs or reboots yet
–Buffering seems faster in the limited amount I have checked
–I have gotten two LPWs across two shows, but both filled the progress bar and restarted (10 seconds earlier) quickly
–One missing show showed up.

Definitely improvements!

2 Likes

Mine isn’t showing an update required yet :frowning:

I guess it’ll give me something to do in the morning.

I am still waiting too…

Is it there yet? … D’oh!
Is it there yet? … D’oh!

Installed 2.2.8 last night:

• The browser interface is noticeably faster. SD 480 recordings still play in the wrong aspect ratio.
  • Fire TV stick seemed to work consistent with its past performance.
  • Roku just showed up with a new Tablo App, which is slower than the old app. Using strictly as a DVR, there is a significant loading delay when starting to watch a recorded show (SD 480 quality), but otherwise seems to work (albeit sluggishly). Experienced one odd play back error: only audio started, with the video remaining on the loading screen. The Roku eventually kicked itself into a restart. Afterwards, I could not reproduce this error in about 10 minutes of additional testing.

The 2.2.8 update brought back one deleted show. I first noticed it when testing in the Roku app. The show listing refused to delete while using the Roku app. Switching to Google Chrome, it was easily deleted.

Will those of us with 2.2.7 beta 4 get 2.2.8 or are they the same and no reason to update?

Yup, still waiting for the update. Is there a way to download and manually update?

Niles

Heading out of town for couple weeks tomorrow and no sign of this update yet.

Plus, I’m not sure I even want to apply this before leaving and then be unable to reboot and/or re-pair devices from across the country? Is this update likely to break IOS device pairing?

I guess I’ll be clicking “update later” button every time I launch a player from afar for the next couple weeks.

@Tablo - why does it seem that major updates get rolled out before weekends and everyone at HQs scatters to the wind?

1 Like

My one night exp with 2.2.7 beta 4 which is said to be the same as 2.2.8

Grey’s Anatomy, no LPWs, no other noticed issues

The Middle, initial LPW and backing up at start of show. About three more during the show, with a few black screens the audio still playing for a couple seconds before video restored. It was painful to watch this.

Big Bang Theory, Start of show played for about 15 seconds and hung with locked video for 45 seconds, eventually started again, and then shortly after another quick locked video that when started again played very fast until the video caught up to the audio. 2 other quick LPWs.

All FFWs were quick, no slowdowns and all retrievings were pretty quick.

Upon deletion shows immediately dropped from recordings list, no delay, nice.

All I wanted was my 2.2.8!!!

It’s great to hear it’s working for people. I just wish it was working for me :slight_smile:

How long should this take? Mine has been blinking for the past 30 mins.

Been in the beta testing and it has been stable on the Nexus. There is the fix for missing recordings. Probably safe for you to update, but if you are reluctant you could wait a week or two to see if there are any late discovered issues.