NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

I can second this, the Nexus Player has run flawlessly on the newest firmware during beta testing.

I’d like to know this as well… I’m still on 2.2.2

So is the Shield tv. So far it could not be more smooth

2 Likes

You’ll go straight to 2.2.8

Cool. Thanks mullermj.

1 Like

I do wish the Table folks would mix up up the order of the firmware updates. I hate being last every release.

5 Likes

Same - I still haven’t got the 2.2.8 firmware.

“They also serve who only stand and wait.”

John Milton, 1655

He also started that poem describing his television experience,

“When I consider how my light is spent…”

1 Like

A few more comments after 3 days on 2.2.7 beta 4.

The Good:
–Loading of recordings screen very fast
–Deletions and clearing of recording screen very fast
–Have not had a reboot or hard lockup

The Bad:
–LPW screens continue with varying severity
–Some LPWs fill the progress bad immediately and restart, others (this morning) have taken ~1 minute to fill and restart.

This is all on wired Roku 3, ver 7.

@Corto

What is your recording quality? Are you using the original 1080p 8 Mbps, or the 1080p 10 Mbps with the new 60 fps video?

No update here either

Thought you had the beta? 99% sure beta users won’t get it as we already have it with beta4.

You’re 100% correct! @TabloTV stated that 2.2.8 is the same release as 2.2.7 beta 4…

2 Likes

Here you go:

2 Likes

720p 5Mbps quality.

One more hopefully useful observation for @TabloTV, after posting my earlier comments, I reset the Tablo, and my next viewing experience was completely different. No LPWs, buffering after FF was immediate.

If that’s what is needed, at least for now, I suppose I will hit the reset button once a day just for the heck of it.

1 Like

That’s why I asked in another thread whether a Tablo reboot every once in a while would be valuable. Most devices get sluggish over a period of time as memory is leaked, some resources never get unlocked, buffers are not released, memory gets fragmented, etc. Is any code ever perfect such that problems don’t accumulate over time? In my case I would have to walk down into the basement so a “send reset” function from a browser upstairs would be nice.

1 Like

I agree. I am a beta tester for a piece of tech I do at my job, and it loses internet connectivity, for an unknown reason, about once every three days. I know we’d love to make it bullet proof, but a quiet reset or watchdog reset as required goes a long way to keep things running smoothly!

1 Like

You can run Redhat and SuSe linux for well over a year at stress and never have a memory leak. You can have an app that has a memory leak but that is a app bug and not a kernel bug. The Roko OS could have a memory leak. But do the same Tablo Roku app problems occur when running the Netflix or Amazon Prime app?

The idea that the design TCP/IP has an inherent memory leak and needs to be rebooted every three days is pure fiction. How much revenue would Amazon, E-bay or Target lose if every three days all of their servers needed to be rebooted.

1 Like

Apps such as Netflix don’t stay continuously in memory or run 24x7 like the Tablo. They have exits; the Tablo doesn’t. On exit, the OS cleans up after them.