NEW - Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.6

I’ve had Tablo for almost a month.
After this upgrade, I had to reformat my hard drive on windows to allow the Tablo to recognize it.
Same thing happened after I upgraded from OOB to 2.2.2.
Is this expected, or is it caused by my use of a non-compliant usb hard drive?
I had complete stability for about two weeks between 2.2.2 and 2.2.6.

I have upgraded at least 10 times from 2.1.xx to 2.2.5 beta over the past 18 months with no need to format my HDD once.

What is the make and model of the HDD you’re using?

Nope, I have only done one format and that was during setup. Definitely not the norm.

2:13 PM CDT on Friday, and still no firmware update. :confused:

Have you tried the reboot trick? Tap that little blue button.

Embarrased to say that I thought I had not received the update but then I noticed in Settings that I was on 2.2.6. So I must have inadvertantly ok’d an update that I was not aware of as I don’t think Tablo pushes it out without a user hitting the update button.

We’ve JUST marked the release as available to the last batch of Tablos so try again @snowcat.

Still on 2.2.5 beta here too, would love an option to force an update check under Settings, any idea if this will ever happen?

Not home now and would like to update it remotely before I get home, or having to physically reboot it even when I do.

Bummer! Hope it’s resolved quickly for you!

One of my Roku 3s got the update automatically 10/19…showing as v7.0 build 9008. The other two still have build 3672 and will not accept a forced update. But so far I haven’t noticed any difference.

I just rebooted my TABLO and I dont have the offer to update to 2.2.6 either… @TabloTV

I rebooted using the quick press of the reset button, but no new firmware.

Ok just got the message now…

I did as well. I ended up pulling the plug and powering it back up again, as well as deleting the Tablo from by browser and readding it.

You can try calling them too. 613-454-5675. I think they have queue space for 2 callers so leave a msg and try calling back periodically hoping for a break.

I’ll know for sure in a half hour, but it looks to me that schedules from 2.2.2 don’t work on 2.2.6. I did remove a 6:00pm schedule, then re-schedule it, and it seems OK ( blinking red channel # ). When 6:30 comes up, I will look to see if the Nightly News starts recording ( from 2.2.2, and not dorked with ).

Edit : I must be all wet. It seems OK now. It’s just that a few shows this morning and this afternoon failed to record. Sorry for causing any undue concern…

The old problem that is suppose to be fixed in 2.2.6 is that the first guide update after the firmware upgrade caused all the record once programs to be deleted. Maybe you are seeing a side affect to the fix.

You could always live on the edge and do a manual guide update and see what happens.

Every time I use the WEB app to access my tablos I get the update tablo firmware splash screen. Even though I always pick “later” and the “update table device” button shows up on the settings page under the firmware version.

Talk about being nagged to death.

1 Like

Just update your Tablo. 2.2.5 beta works fine, it’s the same as 2.2.6

This delayed update without the repetitive update splash screen worked in the previous firmware upgrades. I’m on 2.2.2 firmware and happy. I’m not part of the tablo unit test team. So why don’t you let me decide what’s best for my situation.