NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

New Roku APP? Any details?

Geez guys let the team rest :sleeping:

1 Like

um

“An update to the Roku preview channel is coming soon which will add additional browsing screens. Stay tuned!”

1 Like

I’m guessing - and it is only rank speculation - that “additional browsing screens” may mean the ability to see the most recent recordings or see recordings by genre - features that are on the original Roku app but not the Preview.

1 Like

@TabloTV you guys are the best … really… I wish half the consumer products I have owned or do own worked like this with their user community like the way you guys do… Please be sure those folks behind the scenes who worked hard for this release get proper recognition.

9 Likes

I have not updated as firmware before on the Tablo. Does the update prompt when accessing the tablo thru pc or do you have to go into settings to cue a update?

@ChrisFix I personally used a linux based drive cloning/management tool to copy my drive but then again I am very familiar and comfortable with Linux and have been using it professionally for a long time in a sys admin type role.

1 Like

Yes but then did you have to use an alignment tool to fix the sectors after the clone?

Done & done! Thank you guys for being such awesome fans. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@JohninCT yes it will require repairing

@ericgus - I’m not a Linux power-user, but am very comfortable with pretty much all OS’s. Do you know if what you did would work with the sector change from 512 to 4K? If so, I’m all ears for how to get started/ / resources to investigate.

Look up GParted.

@TabloTV, does a staggered release have any timed structure to it? In other words, does it release to a new batch of users every hour/day? Or does the next group have to wait on the previous group in some way? I’m asking so I can stop checking for the new release every other minute.

A new (progressively larger) batch of Tablos will be marked to receive the release each day. So if you log in once a day to your Tablo you’ll know whether you’re part of that day’s batch.

A little clarification please,

I assume you mean 720P60 is where you will get 60 fps, 1080i will still be limited to 30fps, correct since those are the broadcast standards

When the Tablo is set to 1080p, it records 1080i shows in 1080p and 720p shows as 720p. So it covers both.

Someone said that in a response to me, I didn’t say it, but glad to see it explained.

Your knowledge base article doesn’t mention the FireTV, but then it might not have existed when it was created. I assume the FireTV can be used to update as well, since it is close to Android. I normally use my Android phone, so I don’t know if it can be done using FireTV. Thanks @TabloTV

You should have a release office party! Glad to see that everyone will soon have it, and it is THE BEST! Suggest trying to get CNET or Cord Cutters to do a new review, assuming of course they use the latest firmware. It’s night and day from when I purchased it. Take a few days to organize the “to do list” and post the order of it.

My point was that I don’t believe that you are going to get 1080P60 out of anything that originates from OTA. 1080 progressive and interlace are the same spatial resolution, but the temporal resolution might be different, most everything today originates as progressive, how it is transported is the question, is it progressive, interlaced or progressive segmented frame, all are 1920 x 1080, but the data rates can be quite different. 720P60 = 1.5 Gbps, 1080i60, 1080P30, = 1.5 Gbps, 1080P60 = 3 Gbps. There is not a OTA standard to transmit any thing beyond the 1.5 Gbps formats today, so you will either see 1080i or 720P, but not 1080P OTA

I’ll get off the soap box, spend lots of time in the past working for a bleeding edge HD recorder manufacturer