NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

The Real Housewives of Disney has to be one of the funnier SNL skits in a while. Too bad they’ve only done one. There’s so much material they could’ve milked that one for at least 3 or 4 more skits.

2 Likes

Agreed. It was an immediate classic.

1 Like

For the people who have gotten the update… What do you think?

As anybody received it? I haven’t seen any post related to someone with the update???

I don’t know who’s received it, but don’t anticipate any problems. Just because someone receives it doesn’t mean they have to update then. But with the enhancements you would think everyone would want it ASAP.

I guess they don’t play favorites, since I don’t have it yet. :grimacing:

5 Likes

None here either. Maybe tomorrow.

It’s 100% random. Could be that the majority of folks who’ve downloaded are not actually forum-goers.

And if you’re already on the latest beta load (i.e. a super keener), you won’t receive any update since you’ve already got all the goods!

Got the update yesterday, was working great, now watching live tv i get 10 seconds of tv then 10 seconds of loading, please wait, over and over. Wish I could undo the update. Recorded programs play fine.

@jack - Look in the web app and see if you have ‘Enable Fast Live TV startup’ checked. If you do, try unchecking it and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Pretty sure I mentioned this before during testing… :wink:

Hate this rollout method. There should be a way for the forum folks to get the patch first. Been following this for months. And now I have to wait for my number to be called. Ugh. When will the roll out be done?

2 Likes

Unchecked the fast live tv startup, no change. Switched to standard definition and no change.

It’s similar to the way Microsoft rolled out the Windows 10 update. We had to wait our turn, and doing the update wasn’t mandatory. However, Microsoft also had a way to jump the line which allowed you to do a direct download of the update… nice if you had multiple computers you wanted to update without having to download individually for each.

Having the phased rollout is actually a good thing. Despite having gone through beta testing with a number of users, that only represents a subset of the entire Tablo population. Because of variations over a production run of the actual hardware, plus differences in use cases from household to household, it’s possible that an issue will crop up that wasn’t caught in beta testing. Doing a slow rollout allows them to identify and fix any bugs that crop up with a smaller number of users, so that the entire population wouldn’t be affected. Additionally, they may want to manage their server loading so as to not be overwhelmed to the point where their servers crash, and there may be an issue of bandwidth management as well. Limiting the number of downloads means a better user experience whereby individual downloads would be faster.

Agreed. If I didn’t know a better product existed. Having followed it so closely. Makes the wait unbearable.

I did the direct download for Windows. Because I wanted it when I wanted it.

OK, I got the update a few min ago. The update was flawless. One thing I noticed right away the webapp seems to run faster than before.

Going to do real life testing tonight and see what I can see.

@jack - Send a note to support@tablotv.com with details including the platform you’re seeing this on and the app version number you’re using. We’ll figure out why you’re seeing this.

Got nothing here too. :frowning:

Happy to say that both of my Tablos (2-tuner and 4-tuner) received the firmware update today. I will be re-pairing all of my devices and testing later tonight. I am excited that the updates happened today, as I am out of town for the next month and would have had to wait until October to do the updates.

So far tonight my wife is pounding the crap out of the new firmware. FF and REW on recorded shows. No live TV yet.

So far so good :smile:

1 Like