NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

Before the update, my Tablo would randomly kick out to the channel guide screen while watching live TV.
Since the update, I have not seen this problem. For me, the update improved the Tablo.

1 Like

This was on a Roku2

I havenā€™t gotten my update yet. Hope it will fix the problem Iā€™ve had for over a year (since the 2.2.2 update) with my Tablo picking up the wrong channel on 2 channels to record, even though the guide reports the correct channels. Iā€™ve reported it to Tablo several times but as yet they have not figured out how to fix it so I canā€™t record those 2 channels. I can watch them (the correct programs) but canā€™t record the correct programs

I updated the tablo, now all my recorded shows are missing and I only see a few stations listed, and the channels are blank. I rebooted the tablo and the roku. I also rescanned channels and they all showed up, but not in guide. What do I do now? Also, it was strange because the update was not from an email but the app on the roku asked to update new firmware-
, that never happened before

Hello:

I updated to the 2.2.12 firmware today and now I keep loosing my live stream. I think the tablo is actually rebooting every few minuets. Itā€™s happening from both the Roku and the PC. I did not have this problem before and the channel is listed as a 5 green dot signal.

Is there any way to roll back the firmware until this is resolved?

Tech Support in another thread refers to a ā€œbank rolloverā€ as a way to revert a firmware upgrade but only if they suggest it.

Seems best to put in a ticket although being Sunday no likely response until tomorrow.

I experienced the same condition this morning and submitted a support request. I have since discovered that setting the recording density to 3 Mbps seems to have corrected the problem. Iā€™ve been connected now for several hours without problems whereas before it was disconnecting every 2-5 minutes.

Having the same problem. This company is about at CMM level 0

1 Like

Iā€™ve also been receiving constant errors when viewing live tv that started immediately after the update.

Playback Error. Your tuner has been reassigned or you device has temporarily lost connection with your Tablo.

and

A Weak signal error message that is occurring on channels that have have 4 or 5 green connectivity dots and have been performing flawlessly for many months.

This upgrade has rendered my Tablo completely useless as I can watch TV in 0 to 3 minutes stretches before experiencing one of these errors.

1 Like

re posting here in case the beta section is no longer being monitored.

Reporting problem on NVIDIA Shieldtv app.

Live TV is glitchy for me. I was trying to watch a live tv channel, and I would get an unable to play message, then it would show a connecting message, followed by No Hard drive, then the hard drive would connect after a time.

Tried this 3 times with same results, including one or two other channels.

I think I was experiencing reboots of the tablo, because any recordings I had going were being split.

Playback of recordings worked fine.

In fact, recording a show on the channel allowed me to watch it just fine. It just caused reboots when trying to watch it on the live tv part.

I think you guys really need to look into the live tv part. Its always been glitchy.

Thanks. Dan.

Hey guys. If youā€™re still having issues, please send our support team a ticket ASAP. Weā€™re happy to help, and weā€™re working through our queue quickly to make sure everyoneā€™s up and running.

I have a ticket open. Just waiting for them to get to me.

Kenny

I updated the tablo, now all my recorded shows are missing and the live channels are blank. I rebooted the tablo and the roku. I also rescanned channels and they all show up in search, but not in guide or in scheduled. . What do I do now?
Also, it was strange because the update was not from an email but the app on the roku asking to update new firmware-
, that never happened before

WHY did you start ANOTHER thread when you already posted this verbatim in the correct thread?

Because it was under athe nnouncement thread not troubleshooting and I thought no one saw it since I didnā€™t get a response.

R U the thread police?

1 Like

Did you read this post by Tablo Support earlier in that same thread?

TabloTV6d
If you are experiencing issues after updating to 2.2.12, the majority of times following this list of troubleshooting tips should resolve the problem: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/208223573-Troubleshooting-your-Tablo59

If your issue is still not resolved, itā€™s best to contact Tablo Support directly by placing a ticket:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well I thought I made it through the update unscathed, but when i tried to use the my.tablotv.com I can no longer get a connection. :frowning:
Last time I used my PC (with Chrome browser) to connect was pre-update, and it was all working fine.

All else works at it should, with both my E-wired Roku 3 and two WiFi Roku 3s all working properly.

Iā€™ve tried to get my connection back by shutting down my modem, router and all connected equipment, but no luck.
All I get is ā€¦ ā€œA connection to your Tablo could not be established.ā€.

This is my third Tablo 4, and this one ā€˜wasā€™ working very well.
My first one was DOA, and the second one had very poor picture quality (like it was using compression methods from MPEG99! :wink: ) but this one is very near OTA quality, and Iā€™d hate to have to send it back for another one!

Anyway ā€¦ I submitted a ticket, but I agree with others ā€¦ Tablo, please provide a roll back to the pre-2.2.12 ā€¦ :pray:

Just updated to the latest firmwareā€¦I can access tablo on my phone, but the roku stick (latest model) is now blank for my recordings. Showing nothing, no guide etc. Iā€™ve restarted the tablo, roku, uninstalled the tablo app no the roku. Nothing. Help!

Hey folks, as noted by a few in this thread, please work directly with our support team if youā€™re having issues. Itā€™s the fastest way to get up and running - weā€™re able to check out your Tablo from our end this way.