NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.10

I’m happy to wait. Everything works great right now and the Apple TV app isn’t out yet anyway! :blush:

We’re being a bit more conservative than usual as it’s the long weekend in here in Canada. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience guys!

No but they say the last beta and the released are the same except for version number. It is awesome.

I second that.

What holiday? We have a long weekend coming up in the US…the last Monday of the month. Will Tablo be open then? That might be a day of increased amount of phone calls :laughing:

Monday is Victoria Day here in Canada. It is left over from when we were part of the British Empire but we have put our own spin on it!

“Victoria Day is a Canadian statutory holiday celebrated on the Monday preceding May 25.It honours Queen Victoria’s birthday. Victoria Day is also commonly referred to as the “May two-four weekend” or the “May long weekend” and it marks the unofficial start of the cottage season where cases of beer* are consumed by hard working Canadians. *A case of beer containing 24 bottles or cans is called a two-four.”

We don’t have a long weekend at the end of May so Tablo support will be on duty then!

1 Like

We’ll be expecting your regular call Bill :smiley:

how long does the roll-out take? Haven’t seen the update yet.

1 Like

I haven’t either, but in my case it is the same as have except version number since I have the last beta.

I think they are going old school for this update. Did you check for a “We missed you” note on your door?

Hey folks -

Quick update on where we’re at with 2.2.10.

We do staged rollouts of firmware to catch any potential issues that aren’t seen during beta. Most times life is good and we roll along at a steady pace. This time we did see a small number of random and intermittent problems. In order to play it safe we’re hitting the pause button for now.

We’re 99% sure we know the source of the problem and are working on incorporating the fix.

Once the fix is ready, we’ll soak this with the beta team again for 2-3 days before continuing the rollout.

Those who are on 2.2.10 already will also receive this newer update when the new rollout begins.

We’ll pop into the thread to let you know when to expect upgrade notifications again so stay tuned.

I never did understand that “Please stand by” graphic from the ‘old days’… Are the circles, and most intriguing, the Indian head, significant in any way?

I just looked it up. Here is what each part is used for:

1 Like

Neato! Thanks for sharing @snowcat

1 Like

Neato!” ??? That is soooohhhh 1950’s-ish…:fuelpump:

full experience : http://mytvtestdisc.com/mytvtestdisc/DVD/GetFile?p=IndianHeadMP4

Yep, that’s what it is for. Back in the day, and it seems a lifetime ago, I was a television repairman. I’ve used this test pattern many times, as well as the color ones that came out later.

WOW - what memories. I remember when I was kid people (5 - 30) would stand in front of the appliance store window and stare at this thing for 5 - to 15 mins. (When TV first came out the stores would buy one or two and put them in the front windows to attract customers. And there was only programing on for 3-4 hrs a day) I would look at the fuzzy picture for a min or so, but was too busy playing to give it much attention.

Hey everyone!

We have a fix and a NEW 2.2.10 is being rolled out the cohort of users who had upgraded to the previous 2.2.10.

Once we’ve confirmed that the tweak is performing well (as it has in our initial testing) we’ll get back to a full rollout.

I’ll chime in each time we release a new batch of Tablos to be available for the load so stay tuned!

7 Likes

Just downloaded 2.2.10 and the R3s and NP are working fine as ever. Thanks

1 Like