NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.30

When can we expect to see the firmware available, or do I need to do something to make it show up? in settings?

1 Like

@simonots Details here: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/201457889-Tablo-Firmware-Update-Tips-Tricks

More details… Apparently season finales also get the ‘live’ treatment where they get extended.

I have two tablo’s and I have updated their firmware presumably to this just released version.

I can now connect to them via my roku without any trouble but I can’t detect them with either the android app or my.tablotv.com I am having the same problem with both of them.

Any ideas?

I’m new to Tablo, recently converted from Simple.tv (thank god! People who complain about Tablo have no idea how bad it can be, that product was a full on disaster, especially the gen 2 box). Anyway, my experience has been great, one week in. Except (isn’t there always one little thing :slight_smile: ), both the first firmware update and this one have caused my Tablo to hang, shows “Downloading 0%” and just gets stuck. I suppose everyone is downloading, and if the server doesn’t respond, the Tablo doesn’t restart the download until you reset? Kinda frustrating, since I’m away from home and now can’t access the Tablo at all. I wish there was a way to cancel a firmware update, or to reboot remotely.

@silence - Yes, hit & release the reset button quickly. That should fix the firmware download so it can upgrade properly.

Glad to hear things on this side of the fence are going well.

@TabloTV They’re going great. Not a single missed recording in the first week. That probably doesn’t sound like much to some, but on the other side of the fence, failed recordings were the norm! I think you have a great product going, and getting these firmware updates out so quickly only makes it better!

@silence - We keep a pretty keen eye on what’s going on over there so you’re not telling me anything new. :slight_smile:

Glad you’re happy though. That’s our goal!

Do I need to upgrade the roku also? Or just the tablo firmware?

Just the tablo for this update.

This latest update (2.1.30) has really increased the Live TV grid loading in Chrome (haven’t had a chance to test on FireTV or Roku yet). Even my Celeron (Atom) powered Chromebook loads very fast now - much faster than prior releases.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded to 2.1.30 and I just got the unable to connect when trying to watch a recorded show. Switched back to the original roku app and it works like a champ

I’m seeing strange behavior with the new firmware, 2.1.30.

Three of my 4 Roku devices can’t connect to the Tablo with the new Roku preview channel, though all 4 connect with the original Roku app. The one Roku that does connect takes a couple of attempts. Two of my Roku’s are identical, the other two are different.

I’ve forwarded the specifics to the Tablo support folks, Roku model no., software version and build for each of the Roku devices, Tablo specs., as well as troubleshooting steps I’ve taken.

The previous firmware release, 2.1.28 worked on all 4 of my Roku’s with the new preview channel initially, then lost the ability to connect, though all 4 have always worked with the original Roku channel.

Anyone else see this hit or miss operation with their Roku devices?

Just went back to the Preview app on Roku and now I get No tablo was found on your network.

I agree! The Live TV grid loading and recording tabs are pretty much instant now on my Chromebook! I’m extremely impressed.

While it is faster on Roku it is still slow and I am done playing the waiting game, I just ordered the Tivo deal.

@theuser86
I also had Gotham set to record and it went for 90 minutes (even though the episode was only 60 minutes). I’d rather it record more instead of cutting the recording short. I watched the recording a few hours after the recording, so I don’t think that your viewing time was a factor.

Clicked to install the new firmware about 40 minutes ago. Tablo STILL says downloading and I am remote to it. Thoughts?

Resolution for issue where new Roku channel occasionally was unable to find Tablo

I had this issue with the previous firmware and a Roku 2, and am still having it with the new one. The non-beta version of the Tablo app connects just fine on this Roku.