NEW - Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.6

No special steps, with the exception of Chrome viewing.

Agree. This does appear to be completely at the client end.

I updated to 2.2.6 last night. All of my hidden recordings came back, however had trouble with a long ‘loading’ screen (about one minute) when starting a recorded show or after fast forwarding. The Tablo was rebooted after updating. I rebooted 2 more times, that seems to have fixed it, loading for a few seconds only now. I am using the 2 tuner Tablo with WD Elements 2tb and Roku 2 model 4210x

Mine won’t install… tried several times, over 6 hours, still downloading at 0%?

No update yet for me. Did you mean Friday the 23rd or Friday the 30th?

Found this…I vaguely remember having this happen once and it was a simple work-a-round suggestion. It’s from Tablo so shouldn’t be risky. It was from the 2.1.30 update. Hope it helps.

TabloTV May 5
@silence - Yes, hit & release the reset button quickly. That should fix the firmware download so it can upgrade properly.

My update came this afternoon. I had to do a factory reset to address multiple issues that all probably stemmed from a corrupt database. Did the reset and the first thing that popped up was the 2.2.6 update. While that was downloading I went and deleted any Tablo app from each device and once my Tablo was finished I reinstalled them. For Roku my 3s I only installed the Preview Channel and I am HAPPY with how things are working. Live TV loads nice, recordings start almost immediately, playback is great even using the new HD 1080p 8-Mbps setting, deleting goes quick, and no reboots so far. The ONLY 2 things I’m not happy with are how long it takes for the Recordings section to load in Roku…and there are only 6 at the moment and it took almost 30 seconds and the quirkiness of using the right arrow to skip/FF and it hangs sometimes on resume. I have to left arrow one push to skip/REW and then select play. Hoping the Recordings loading time improves over time but not too optimistic on the skip/FF hang as that has been around for a long time. But I am very encouraged with this update!

Seems my tablo was locked up this evening. Tried to open it in Chrome to check on recording operations that it should have been working on and tablo would not connect. Looked at the HD and seen it was no blinking, meaning it was inactive. Tried to do a quick reset, but did not work. Unplugged it’s power and plugged it back in and it came up again. Opened it in chrome again and it was syncing. After it synced, went to live tv and seen it was recording shows. This means there were shows it was suppose to be recording, but it was locked up previously. Not good.

-Rodger

Yea I had issues tonight after the update. None of my devices would connect, not even the Roku. After I unplugged and plugged it back in, things seem normal. Luckily I had no recordings going tonight.

My Roku 3 still has not been upgraded to OS 7. When was the Roku LT 2700x released? I read everything released since 2011 will get the OS 7 upgrade. I’ll have my Roku 4 sometime today. It arrived at the Austin, TX post office and is out for delivery. Most likely just a couple of hours.

I’ve not had any issues with the Tablo at 2.2.2 for weeks. Today I took the update to 2.2.6. Now the tablo is basically unusable. Every 20 minutes are so of live tv I get a playback error and the live tv stops. It then hangs on the “connecting” screen and other devices such as my phone, ipad, and web app cannot connect to the tablo. After about 1 minute they connect and it says the dreaded “No Hard Drive” message. I’ve pressed the reset button and cycled power numerous times tonight, but it keeps coming back. It even happened over night with the tablo sitting idle which has never happened before.

Why all the sudden after taking the update? Anyone else having this issue? Please help. Ive also opened a ticket so that support can connect and take a look at the logs.

Thanks so much! I did try and saw the option to update again… unfortunately its happened again. Think I will have to open a ticket.

Roku said it will be a staged release, might take until mid November if i remember correctly.

Same issue with me today. No issues with 2.2.2. Upgraded to 2.2.6 and now “No Hard Drive”. Great…

Got the update yesterday, install went perfect and my playback via iPhone / iPad on apple TV is still perfect. I messed around with the subtitles and they are still not working on my TV, but they’re working when I watch on my iPad directly.

I’ll test tonight if I still have a delay on Chrome.

The web update also seems to have fixed my playback on Chromecast, even at max resolution.

Reading this thread, I’m really happy I returned my Roku. Please get the app ready for when the new apple TV releases, can’t wait to use a real remote :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Please let me know if you get anywhere with fixing it or receive support from tablo. I have not heard back from them yet. Very frustrating…wishing I just stayed at 2.2.2 or had an easy way to go back.

I’ve had Tablo for almost a month.
After this upgrade, I had to reformat my hard drive on windows to allow the Tablo to recognize it.
Same thing happened after I upgraded from OOB to 2.2.2.
Is this expected, or is it caused by my use of a non-compliant usb hard drive?
I had complete stability for about two weeks between 2.2.2 and 2.2.6.

I have upgraded at least 10 times from 2.1.xx to 2.2.5 beta over the past 18 months with no need to format my HDD once.

What is the make and model of the HDD you’re using?

Nope, I have only done one format and that was during setup. Definitely not the norm.

2:13 PM CDT on Friday, and still no firmware update. :confused: