NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.18

A new firmware release is available for Tablo which includes some exciting speed improvements and more. Keep reading for the full scoop. 

NEW – Resume recording feature
- After a power failure Tablo will resume any recordings still in progress.
- Two recordings will be created for the interrupted airing – one from before and one from after the interruption event.
- Additionally, if there is another airing of the show in the next 14 days, your Tablo will automatically reschedule this recording. Tablo will also reschedule recordings interrupted by reception problems. 
- In order for Tablo to reschedule a later airing, you must have the Smart Scheduling feature ‘Don’t record duplicates’ enabled.
- If the later airing(s) create conflicts, they will be placed within the conflicts screen where if you wish you can unschedule the conflicting programs.

Improvements to handling multiple broadcasters in one area using the same channel numbers
- While this is not a common occurrence, users who reside between major markets may have experienced this issue.

Significant speed improvements to sync processes between Tablo and connected devices
- You asked us to reduce the amount of time devices take to synch with your Tablo and we listened. We have changed the way the synch process happens so the process should take half the time.

Speed improvements to ‘Live TV’ tuning
- Another popular user request, we’ve cut live TV tuning times by approximately 30-40%. And remember, once tuned, a channel will come up very quickly allowing you to flip back and forth between two or more programs depending on which Tablo model you have. 

Speed improvements to Roku accessing recordings list
- We’ve also changed how Roku accesses your recordings list so make it much faster. Those with larger recordings databases should see the greatest speed improvements.

Improvements to database cleanup processes for users with large channel lineups
- Tablo will now manage larger channel lineups with more finesse.

Overall stability improvements

Check out the Tablo Knowledge Base for tips and tricks on successful firmware updates.

We hope you like this update! 

If you have any feedback (especially on the mechanics of the resume recording feature), please let us know by posting in the thread or placing a ticket with @TabloSupport.  

Thank you very much for your hard work. I have already installed it & my 4 tuner seems to be working fine…

Awesome! Glad to hear it @PhilH

Interesting. In the past, updates have always appeared immediately to install. Today, neither my 2 nor 4 tuner is offering to update from 2.1.16. I’ve tried the iPad app and the iPhone (web) app. Is this a staged release?

@jkline Nope, same as usual. Your Tablo will check for updates and updated guide information every four hours; you can speed this up by rebooting your Tablo, though.

@jkline - It may just not have reached your unit yet… When it’s powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available. But if you want the update immediately, check to make sure your Tablo is not recording and press and release the reset button once quickly. This will cause Tablo to reset and check for a software update within 5 minutes.

check…ever four hours…you can reboot…

Roger that. I’ll wait. Thanks.

@TabloTV Jinx!

Great news, updating my Tablo now.

Thanks for all the hard work - Tablo updated and working.

Seriously you guys are the best!

Mine updated, and now it’s not recognizing the hard drive. I’m out of town for Thanksgiving, is there anything I can do remotely to fix this? Would love a way to not have all my recordings scheduled between now and monday fail. 

Have someone go reboot your Tablo and hard drive.

Have someone go reboot your Tablo and hard drive.

Unfortunately not an option. I was afraid that was the only thing that would work, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone had other ideas, just in case.

@uncw05… I thought my hard drive had died because it wasn’t online.  I had to unplug the cable from the drive end for it to wake up and smell the coffee.

Unfortunately, it seems electronics in the drives still get confused and need that power cycle.

FYI regarding:

"Improvements to handling multiple broadcasters in one area using the same channel numbers
- While this is not a common occurrence, users who reside between major markets may have experienced this issue."

After the upgrade I still see duplicates in the edit channel lineup screen.  It’s not a huge deal seeing as I’m unlikely to want to edit the channel line up any more now that I have all my channels setup, but just wanted you to be aware that it looks like the problem is still there.  Feel free to jump on my box if you’d like to take a look to troubleshoot.
@uncw05... I thought my hard drive had died because it wasn't online.  I had to unplug the cable from the drive end for it to wake up and smell the coffee.

Unfortunately, it seems electronics in the drives still get confused and need that power cycle.

I’m sure that’s all it is, but it would be awesome to be able to reboot the Tablo remotely to help in troubleshooting things like this when I’m on the road. I’m not watching it that much this week, but I was looking forward to catching up on my missed shows when I get home. Now they won’t be recorded.

@virtualuk A channel scan will help the changes become effective - but keep in mind, we can’t get rid duplicates if they’re genuine. If you’ve got two broadcasters using the same channel ID in your area - all we can do is sort and match them correctly. 

Nice work guys and gals! The speed improvement is very apparent and the system also feels more stable now. Actually it feels more stable. +1 from me.

Holy Fast Batman! :)  Great job!