NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.18

Always love any performance and stability upgrades. Thanks!

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work. Happy Thanksgiving y’all

@rameshts - Thanks for the thought but our Thanksgiving was actually last month :slight_smile:  Enjoy some turkey for us! 

Anyone else experiencing higher that normal macroblocking since the upgrade?  I never had an issue with it until the moment I did the upgrade, now it seems to be doing it for continued durations when previously I had never had an issue with macroblocking at all. My signal strength is perfect, weather conditions are perfect, antenna oriented for maximum channel reception.

Another thread mentioned this. The Tablo owner found it went away after a reset. Not A factory reset, just a quick blue button rest. Hope that holds true for you too.

Oh it was you @virtualuk Bummer to hear it persists for you. I’m of no help to you as I won’t be updating for at least a few weeks… If at all… But I’ll be following your reported issue of macro blocking, with great interest.

http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/915/i-ve-just-about-had-it-with-this-piece-of-junk#latest

I am also got macro blocking during the Lions/Bears game today but only during the game for some reason and it was bright and sunny out today.

So far so good after install today.

EPG seems to come up faster.
Works with my android phone now with the web app. Thanks guys…
Seems to still work with the Plex App.
Need to still test with chromecast 

Love the new update you guys rock!

I’ve seen a major uptick in momentary buffering instances on my Roku3’s since the update. Each buffering is very quick…typically less than a second, but this almost never happened prior to the 2.1.18 update. Now it’s happening every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. I’ve done both a soft reset and a hard reset…issue persists.

3x Roku 3s (Cat 5 ethernet/Powerline ethernet/5Ghz)
Tablo Quad, set to 1080p recording

Anyone else seeing anything similar?
I've seen a major uptick in momentary buffering instances on my Roku3's since the update. Each buffering is very quick...typically less than a second, but this almost never happened prior to the 2.1.18 update. Now it's happening every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. I've done both a soft reset and a hard reset...issue persists.

I am also experiencing this issue. Seems to happen more with live tv

Good point, guck…I should have pointed that out as well, my issues have been on live TV. I haven’t noticed any issues on recordings. I wonder if there were some corners cut in order to enable the “quicker” live TV tuning. I would VERY much advise Tablo to prioritize streaming reliability/smoothness over quicker tuning.

I've seen a major uptick in momentary buffering instances on my Roku3's since the update. Each buffering is very quick...typically less than a second, but this almost never happened prior to the 2.1.18 update. Now it's happening every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. I've done both a soft reset and a hard reset...issue persists.

I don’t have the same configuration as you do (Roku2XS, Tablo Dual, wired), but I experienced a very similar effect with one of the firmware updates back in the early summer.  My Tablo was set to record at 1080, smooth sailing - never saw any buffering, then after the firmware update the sporadic buffering started.  Long story short, I finally gave up trying to figure out what was wrong and I set my recording quality to “720/Roku” (later firmware updates never helped).  I half assumed my 2XS was part of the problem (slow processor), but now you’re getting buffering on a Roku3 - maybe the upcoming Tablo Roku app update will help.

I am also experiencing this issue. Seems to happen more with live tv

Update on my Tablo…since the quad version has a history of glitches with the 1080p setting, I tried the “720p Roku/Chromecast” setting. The buffering actually got WORSE when I did that. After surfing the forums, I saw a post where someone had to unplug/re-plug their HDD after they updated. I then disconnected the HDD, waited about 10 seconds, unplugged the tablo, waited another 10 seconds, plugged the HDD back in, and then powered the Tablo back up.

Things seem to be better now. 

Weird.

I am also getting this, so for me I getting momentary buffering and occasional mirco blocking. Never had either one before the update.

Updated my Tablo very early this morning.  My son says Tablo has “crashed” 3 times so far today with the third time happening a few minutes ago and prompting me to post this.
Getting concerned here.  Will watch for more crashes and report later.

@marsradio curious how he knows it crashed?

Just downloaded and installed 2.1.18 update.   Firmware update hung on “reboot.”    After 30 min I did hard reset (pulled power cord) and Tablo went through resyning and appears to have been updated OK.    It would be nice if update process didn’t require hard reset.   Sync time much improved.   Excessive macroblocking on NBC 1080i video content.  :(      Tablo encoding 1080i->1080p video content needs help.