NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

What happened to the ability to change your default view (i.e. - Live TV, Primetime, etc?).  Was it moved elsewhere in settings?

What happened to the ability to change your default view (i.e. - Live TV, Primetime, etc?).  Was it moved elsewhere in settings?

@cwange, I asked the same thing in the last firmware update. It has only ever been in the Web app :wink:

@Jestep, Thanks!  I’ve only checked on the iPad since the update.  Couldn’t believe they would have removed that feature!

@cwange that’s the thing, it was never in the iPad app. I thought it was too, but apparently it has only been in the browser app

Great list of updates! 

Hey Tablo, any verification/confirmation on the 5:20 m/s display freeze bug I reported on 22nd on page 2 of this thread? Do I need to report this bug somewhere else to get it into the official bug action list?

Hey Tablo, any verification/confirmation on the 5:20 m/s display freeze bug I reported on 22nd on page 2 of this thread? Do I need to report this bug somewhere else to get it into the official bug action list?

@kennethervinyoung I would suggest you send a ticket at http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@cedarrapidsboy - Gotcha... So it's an automation feature like auto delete. That has been suggested before and is on the list of requested features but it hasn't been placed into priority queue yet because we do have conflicts to resolve the major pain point.

It’s something that we will likely do, just not short-term.

Interesting you prioritize features because there is only so much you can work on at the same time. The request here is simply to do the same.

@cwange that's the thing, it was never in the iPad app. I thought it was too, but apparently it has only been in the browser app

@Jestep - The apps look so similar, which is a good thing, that it never dawned on me there may be something different.  They definitely need to work on maintaining an even user experience across all platforms.  I believe that’s in the works so looking forward to it.

Just noticed this tonight – is this new?  When I play a recording, the html starts from the beginning, but the ipad skips ahead 12 seconds to the actual start of the program.  Is that a mistake?  I hope not because I like not having to skip ahead of the recording right off the bat on the ipad.  Can you make the html do that too?  Thanks.

@HowHardCanItBe did you start on the browser then go to the iPad?

If you did, it was starting where you left off on the browser :wink:

Auto Extend Live Recordings – Tablo provided a fix to prevent truncation of live events and that’s good. But, what can be done about scheduled programs that air after the completion of the live events? How can I schedule the one-hour program that airs after the football game ends?

Tablo warned me not to update the firmware if a recording is in progress. So, it’s my fault that I neglected to check active recordings and lost part of a new show. But, wouldn’t it be possible for Tablo to check for active recordings after I click the “update” button and give a sterner warning (a second chance) if the update would conflict with a recording?

IOS APP DOESN’T Synch RECORDINGS Since the update my Ipad app will no longer update my recordings. Doesn’t work when I’m home, doesn’t work when I’m away. Used to work fine. I can still watch live TV on the app, and older recordings. Roku is working and recording fine. Any fix for this?

@JohninCT, I have noticed that you when you connect with your iPad app, you have to wait for the “Tablo synching” to complete (left hand column).  Once that is done, you should see all your recording. (note, this is not the same as the main sync that you see after deleting a Tablo and readding it).

@MacAl - Both good suggestions. We’ll take a look at both for future updates. 

@TabloTV Thank you so much for eliminating the “snow blindness screens!” The black background is so much easier on the eyes.

* If two episodes are available it will pick the broadcast with the highest signal strength 

Does it do this right before starting recording?  Or from the last channel scan?  I ask, because I have a couple channels which come in at night better than during the day.

@MsMetaP - You’re welcome :) 

@juched - This is based on the last channel scan.

I just tried to update the firmware on my 4-tuner Tablo.  The download and install seemed to go well, but the reboot has been cycling for well over an hour.

Is there a way to check and see if I am stuck is some reboot loop or a way to restart the reboot process?
Thanks.

Edit:  I did a reset on the Tablo box and when it came back online the firmware update was succesful.