NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

@icampbell Hm. A little weird that the app seems to have ‘hung’ on the reboot phase. We’ll take a look at this.

Since this firmware update I’ve encountered an odd problem between what I believe is my Tablo and Asus router.  The router completely hoses up as does the Tablo.  It has happened twice now and recovery requires a power cycle for both.

I’ve had the Asus for about 2 years now.  The latest firmware for that device has been in place for a number of months and I’ve never encountered a situation where the router locks up and is unresponsive until this Tablo update.  I do not have my Tablo configured to stream via the internet at this time and only use it on my home network with a Roku or tablet.

I didn’t have time when it happened but I plan to throw a sniffer on the network the next time to see what might be going on there.  The last time I ever encountered a problem like this was with an older Linksys router and a device that was doing something wonky with uPnP that the router didn’t like.

I’m curious if anyone else has encountered similar trouble.

@invalidprotocol We haven’t heard any reports of the Tablo hosing a router as a result of the 2.1.16 firmware update.

Does your whole LAN go down when it locks up? Can any other devices talk to each other, or is it just the Tablo?

Prior to the 2.1.6 update my Tablo (4-tuner) was locking-up weekly. It has not locked-up since the update. Aside from pending feature requests… it has been smooth sailing with 2.1.6.

One hang for me after upgrade and since smooth sailing.

@cedarrapidsboy @juched Glad to hear it!

Internet communication is down for all devices and the router management interface no longer responds, although the interface responds to ICMP.  After rebooting the router, all devices begin communication except the Tablo which doesn’t respond to any communications whatsoever.  I did find out that it is still recording just fine during that time.  To recover the Tablo network connectivity it must be power cycled.  Under normal conditions I can power cycle the router without negatively impacting the Tablo network communications.

I plan to obtain another router this weekend and see if the issue clears up.

Hey, gang. I just ordered a Tablo, downloaded update, and tested out last night. I have to say that so far I am impressed. Great interface w/ the web app – I can’t think of much I would change on it.

I also picked up a Roku Streaming Stick, so I am looking forward to what updates you have in store for that in the coming months. Keep up the good work!

invalidprotocol I am experiencing similar issues. My Tablo is still recording shows, but it will not connect to my ipad. I went on with my computer and could see the tablo, but it would not update with the latest recordings. Not sure whats going on…

@kdsumrall - try to disconnect the pc (using the ‘disconnect’ button on the web app) and then re-add your tablo. I had similar problems with the web app not showing up to date information and this fixed things. Knock on wood, since the last firmware update, I haven’t had this issue.

@tetterkeT - Glad you’re loving your Tablo! :slight_smile:

I did not replace my router and decided to continue investigating the problem.  I actually found two separate problems…

1.  An accidentally dual homed Roku 3 (connected ethernet & wifi simultaneously) was the cause of router lockups.  It caused the web interface on the router to begin initiating TCP reset packets to any device that tried to view the interface.  This behavior would eventually result in the router failing to pass internet traffic.  I set the Roku to communicate specifically via ethernet.  This was a strange problem for a non-bridging device to cause but at least it is due to human error. :slight_smile:

2.  Tablo is not compatible with the Asus RT-N56U 5ghz radio feature called AiRadar but there is a workaround.  I will post this separately since it doesn’t belong in this thread.

@invalidprotocol - Glad you got things sorted out! I’m sure @TabloSupport would like to know more about the issues you encountered and your solutions so we can help others. 

From the time stamps I think this version is about a month old.  My Tablo-4 is a week old.  This morning it decided to install the update; not sure if it is new or not.  Anyway, I have two PCs useing web app.  On one I only get live TV.  Recordings is a blank page.  On the other, I am shown the list of recordings, but won’t play with “Player error” message, and it mostly reports the HDD is not connected, which never happens on the other PC.

Oh; the “Player error” also says “Recording file not found on disk”; this is the same machine that sometimes reports the HDD is not attached.  Odd that Tablo would report different statuses to two different PCs.

Try disconnecting the device in the setting menu and then re-add. It’ll have to re-sync but that seems to fix most issues I have with my PC interface.

Web Tablo doing fine now.  My concern now is making it play with Plex, about which I just submitted a tech support email.

@TabloTV
What exactly is “adequate amount of diskspace” ?
For example, I have a 2TB hard drive.
How much disk space must be free before Auto Delete starts deleting oldest recordings?

It will free up enough space to record the next day’s upcoming recordings so it really depends.

I’m asking, because it seems to keep 10% of total disk space free.
This is 200GB of my 2TB drive.

I don’t have 200GB of recordings scheduled every day.
Actually, I never have 200GB of recordings scheduled every day.