NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

@Max You can force this update by navigating to Settings > Check for updates. Do you mean on the Roku screen "Settings"? I don't see any Settings inside the Tablo Roku app once selected

Got it! The Roku app had updated. I see the “Resume” button now and it does work on my Roku 2 XS. Will test the Roku update tonight to see if the Buffering issues are still present with my existing 4T Tablo p/ Roku 2XS combination. Fingers crossed!

@kennethervinyoung - The Roku app should update within 24 hours (should do it itself very soon if it hasn't already). If you want to force it, you have to go to the settings in ROKU, not the Tablo channel itself, and select "Check for updates".</blockquote>

@TabloTV
  1. How is the below supposed to work?
    NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings* Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms

I was watching a show on the Roku, I exited out, I turned the Tablo app back on, returned to the show, except it starts from the beginning?

1. This is what I was talking about above “I used to have three columns of shows visible, now that you added the blue scroll bar, I only have two and a lot of white space. Android, Samsung S5, web app”

Screenshot:

Oh, now my chrome browser on my Moto X has the same scrollbar problem.

I did not see that option. But then again I was not looking for will check in another hour or so. No I do not see any resume button. I'm also having loading issues. Not as bad as over  the weekend but I still needed to boot my Roku last night. 
Checking this thread and I see that I may not have the latest Roku update. I will check that in 5 hours or so.</blockquote>

I checked for updates for my Roku 3 it says I am up to date. However it was last updated on August 1st. I have version 5.5 Build 415. Is that the latest? 

I have two Roku 3 boxes and the downstairs Roku updated the app and channel tile graphic on its own. The upstairs Roku 3 did not. I ran a manual update and said I was up to date, no channel update. Yet the tile graphic still had the old orange triangle. By going into the tablo app, it flickered a bit as if it was updating. Stayed on Loading longer than normal and then showed the new app changes. Also both Roku are hard wired.

@all. You might want to reboot the Roku and see if that helps. Press Home 5 times, Up 1 time, Rewind 2 times and Fast forward 2 times. It will then reboot. I do this about twice a week as it has become standard practice with the Roku.

Guck11 yes I have the orange triangle so it is the old one, I too have had to reboot often and I had rebooted yesterday after tablo update., However I did not know the method you suggested I just unplugged. Any other suggestions?

Just to be clear I did reboot per your instructions

I"M DONE.

I’ve had the Tablo since late July, and have had nothing but problems.  First, I didn’t get a channel guide on my Android tablet app and could only watch live TV.   That finally gets fixed, now I am FORCED to install an updated firmware - which breaks everything.  It forces a rescan of the channels, which hangs with a full bar EVERY TIME.  I have rebooted the Tablo several times and even rebooted the router.  I can’t even access it through the web app on Chrome.

ENOUGH.

Obviously the Tablo isn’t ready for prime time.  Looks like I’m going to have to go to Tivo.

Anyone want it?  Too late to get my money back.

I like the improvements on Roku. Well done! The upgrade was very easy too.

I"M DONE.

I’ve had the Tablo since late July, and have had nothing but problems.  First, I didn’t get a channel guide on my Android tablet app and could only watch live TV.   That finally gets fixed, now I am FORCED to install an updated firmware - which breaks everything.  It forces a rescan of the channels, which hangs with a full bar EVERY TIME.  I have rebooted the Tablo several times and even rebooted the router.  I can’t even access it through the web app on Chrome.

ENOUGH.

Obviously the Tablo isn’t ready for prime time.  Looks like I’m going to have to go to Tivo.

Anyone want it?  Too late to get my money back.

You bet I’ll buy it. send me an at email a9erfan@yahoo.com

I solved my problem with upgrade. I did have the latest Roku update, However my Tablo channel on my channels did not update. I removed the Tablo channel, Reinstalled the channel using tablo web site and then rebooted my Roku and now I have the ability to restart where I left off. 

Updated to the latest roku, and resume playback now works. Awesome.

Now that pesky scrollbar on my and cedarrapidsboy android chrome web-apps…?

@Big_Mac - Before you throw in the towel, have you had a chat with @TabloSupport? We’d be happy to help you work through your issues.

Is the resume playback working on Plex for anyone?

@Max @cedarrapidsboy we discussed the custom scrollbars internally and have decided to trash them – too many inconsistencies in support across browsers/devices. I just pushed out a fix and while I was at it, included this change, which will bring the default scrollbars back which behave much more predictably.

@matb33, @Max,

Cleared my cache and it looks good on my MotoX

@matb33 Thanks! Just confirmed, it’s back to normal.

@Big_MAC I’m sorry that you were effected by this issue - I got your ticket, and have sent in a response. Get back to me when you can.

How much closer are we to using a username password for Tablo Connect? Like I mentioned the other day, “pairing” my tower PC with my Tablo on my home network is not fun!

@Barbz Still something we’re looking at - no ETA’s to share at the moment, sorry!

I updated my two-tuner Tablo last night without any real issues.  I did see the blank signal strength dots in the Settings menu that some others saw, but I went in and looked at my Channel Lineup and the dots were okay in there.  When I clicked to go back to the main Settings menu, they had also returned to normal there.  Seemed to just need a refresh.