NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

I stop go back to the episode screen and hit play again and it starts from beginning not from where I left off.

@a9erfan - When you say you hit play again… Did you not see an option to ‘resume from’? 

@snowcat
I had the same issue last night with my ruko 3.  I never saw a the resume playback with any of the recordings I played last night after the update.

I did not see that option. But then again I was not looking for will check in another hour or so.

I did not see that option. But then again I was not looking for will check in another hour or so.

OK - keep us posted. You should see a ‘Resume from’ option and a ‘Play from Beginning’ option.

snowcat

"NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings*

Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your
recording playback from that point on all platforms"

This is not working on Roku3. I stop go back to the episode screen and
hit play again and it starts from beginning not from where I left off.

I made a separate thread about it.  Were you watching the show on
another device before you watched it on the Roku?  That seems to cause
this particular issue.  If you have only watched in on the Roku, it
should created a save point.

I have the same problem. Roku only, and no save point created.

> TabloTV

I stop go back to the episode screen and hit play again and it starts from beginning not from where I left off.

@a9erfan - When you say you hit play again… Did you not see an option to ‘resume from’? 

I have the same problem, and no “resume from” visible

Did the Roku need an update? I checked and there was none. Just the webapp and the firmware.

I’m also using a Roku 1, if that matters.

Roku app did have an update.  If you now have a gray background on the main screen after the splash, then you’ve upgraded.

That’s the problem then, I’m still on a white background. I’ll check again tonight, if I still can’t get the update, I’ll submit a ticket.

Thanks @cjcox

@Max You can force this update by navigating to Settings > Check for updates.

I did that last night, and it had nothing available. I’ll try again tonight.

I may have done something stupid like try to force a firmware/software update on the Roku itself (not the Tablo app).

Firmware 2.1.16 is the right stuff at the right time.
It’s not perfect but it is a step in the right direction. It really looks like you’ve fixed more things than you broke in this release.

Good focus Tablo folk. Please continue to maintain focus on whatever practices lead to you all to delivering this quality release. Rinse and repeat.

No I do not see any resume button. I’m also having loading issues. Not as bad as over  the weekend but I still needed to boot my Roku last night. 

No I do not see any resume button. I'm also having loading issues. Not as bad as over &nbsp;the weekend but I still needed to boot my Roku last night.&nbsp;</blockquote>

Checking this thread and I see that I may not have the latest Roku update. I will check that in 5 hours or so.

Good job on the update, all improvements are much appreciated!  I know your aware of it, but Thumbnails when you FF or RW so you can see where you are in the program.   The sooner the better! :slight_smile:

Do you mean on the Roku screen "Settings"? I don't see any Settings inside the Tablo Roku app once selected

My roku 3 had a tablo app update after checking for updates.  I then got the resume option in my episodes.  

Do you mean on the Roku screen “Settings”? I don’t see any Settings inside the Tablo Roku app once selected

@kennethervinyoung - The Roku app should update within 24 hours (should do it itself very soon if it hasn’t already). If you want to force it, you have to go to the settings in ROKU, not the Tablo channel itself, and select “Check for updates”.

@TabloTV  I have been recording in 1080 now for a while a.....now there is a 720 for Roku/Chromcast. I use Roku 3 to view, what is the difference? Why would I use it as opposed to 1080? I thought it was stated that Tablo will record at the higher signal coming in if I have it set at 1080. IE if broadcast 1080, record 1080, if broadcast 720, record 720.

@Artemus I have my Roku 3 wired, but thanks.

I’m trying to understand the “why the difference” question from Napercort as well.  I have a Roku 3 wired as my primary client.  “Person of Interest” is new tonight and I set the recording up from 720 to 1080.  @Tablotv?

(edit) Note: there appears to be a separate thread discussing this) http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/716/recording-quality-720p-roku-chromecast#latest

I love the update, however there were a couple of issues:

1. the Android app would freeze on me, showing no live TV I’m running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1
2. The chrome app did not work on Android or PC, it would be stuck at “Syncing,” it wasn’t until I deleted my Tablo and added it again that it was able to do the full sync and it worked.
3. Unfortunately, using Tablo connect, my tower PCs at work did the same thing as #2 above where the Chrome browser didn’t work, so deleting the Tablo also means taking my work tower PCs home again so it can “pair” with my Tablo. What a pain. Can’t wait for a better method to use Tablo Connect, a la Slingbox.

Besides those items, great work Tablo! It’s getting better all the time!